Here’s a blogpost we put together that we feel might be relevant or interesting to you if you’re thinking about social media.
- Social is just the beginning – Commentary piece by Dinesh, exploring the idea of trust networks within social networks. Possibly relevant: (Trust Networks, by understandingsociety.blogspot.com)
- How to stop paying for your customers: 5 lessons from Rand Fishkin – (Rand Fishkin of SEOmoz really knows his stuff.) Inbound Marketing. Content. (You don’t buy visitors, you earn them. Do work that you’re proud of.) The rise of social is not the end of search. Listen, test and re-test. Build trust by keeping it real. and Have fun.
- 10 Ways To Increase Website Traffic – Use social media. Blog. Participate in forums and comment on blogs. Traffic is never actually free- you have to put in the effort to become something or somebody worth following.
- 6 Habits of Highly Effective Ecommerce Retailers – Passion for customer experience. Storytelling. Metrics. Experimentation. Solicit feedback. Obsessed with improving customer experience.
- 5 ways to establish your own brand as an ecommerce retailer – Engage. Do something different. Have a unique voice. Become an authority. Offer something exclusive.
- Can F-commerce change the face of retail? – Turns out that most people don’t actually buy stuff through Facebook, and almost half of them aren’t even interested in doing so.
- Opening up your ecommerce site with social media – Colonize the relevant spaces, be active and human. Integrate your social profiles with your primary site.
- The top 10 most-liked online retailers on Facebook – An interesting list. Indian and South American retailers make the cut.
- 5 organic steps to the only Facebook fans your business needs – Begin at home, Direct Aggregation, Like like-minded Pages, Participate on relevant pages, Like individual comments.
- How ecommerce sites can use Pinterest – Understand the community before you get involved. Give away free stuff that is good and useful.
- Pinterest SEO traffic is more of the same.
Other posts in this sequence:
- What IS social media?
- Why is it so hard to define social media, and why should we care?
- What’s the difference between ‘social networking sites’ and social media?
- Why are people so annoying on social media?
- How did online social networks disrupt traditional media?
- How will social media change the way we live and consume?
- How to navigate social media effectively
- Curated Social Media Wisdom From Top Enterprise Experts [Infographic]