In this article
If you ask any marketer what the bane of their existence is on Instagram or TikTok, you’ll probably get the same answer across the board: that you only get one way to link out from your profile (with the exception of Instagram stories).
Instagram posts and TikTok videos don’t support links, so businesses have to get creative in order to strategically utilize that link in their Instagram bio. But instead of switching out the link for each one of your posts, there’s a better solution.
This is where a link-in-bio tool comes in, helping marketers to create a customized page that followers can explore and learn more about the content shared within your feed.
To help you find the best link-in-bio tool for your ecommerce brand, we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 recommendations.
Why use a link-in-bio tool for ecommerce
While Instagram allows users to add links to stories (and with their new link stickers, the 10,000 follower threshold is no longer required), feed posts don’t support links, so marketers need to get a little creative.
And TikTok doesn’t have stories—you get one bio link, and that’s it.
By using a link-in-bio tool, you no longer need to update your bio link each time you post something with a call-to-action to your feed.
Link-in-bio tools act as a micro landing page, allowing your followers to explore a number of different links. Create links based on your recent posts, send users to sales pages, promote new blog content, and more.
Use cases for a link-in-bio tool include:
- Directing followers to a product or page mentioned in a recent Instagram or TikTok post
- Providing your followers with access to a number of your website pages at once
- Promoting multiple campaigns or landing pages at the same time
While Instagram shopping should also be a top strategy on your list, including a link-in-bio tool in your arsenal is another strategy for providing a number of different ways for your customers to explore your website and buy your products.
How to use a link-in-bio tool
Whether you want your link-in-bio tool for your Instagram or TikTok account (both only provide you with a single way to link out from your profile), they’re easy to set up and use.
First, browse through our list of the top 10 link-in-bio tools below and choose the one that will work best for your brand. Sign up for an account and customize your Instagram or TikTok landing page with the links you want to share with your audience.
The next step is to copy your custom page’s URL and paste it into your bio. Edit your profile to update that bio link, then publish your changes.
Easy enough, right?
After you’ve implemented your new bio link, you’ll want to keep up with its performance by checking your analytics each week or month. Track the number of views and clicks each of your links or posts are receiving and adjust accordingly.
Top 10 link-in-bio tools
Ready to embark on your search for the best link-in-bio team for your needs? One that helps you generate more traffic to your website and make more sales with Instagram and TikTok?
We’ve got 10 great options right here.
Linktree is one of the earliest and most popular link-in-bio tools. However, its overall capabilities are more basic than many other tools in this list.
- Get unlimited links in your Instagram or TikTok bio (even in the free plan)
- Customize your Linktree page colors to match your brand
- Analyze your clicks and traffic
- The extent of Linktree’s capabilities ends with a list of links
- Users have to keep the Linktree logo unless they sign up for a Pro account
Linktree has a completely free plan. Paid plans with additional features start at $3/month, paid annually.
Linktree in action:
Passion Planner uses Linktree on their profile to link to a number of different pages, including product pages, email signup, help articles, free downloads, and more.
Lnk.bio allows users to create a visually appealing, minimalistic micro landing page for their Instagram or TikTok links. It’s also one of the only tools that offer a one-time payment to get access to its more premium features.
- Create your micro landing page in less than a minute
- Add unlimited links to your Instagram or TikTok bio
- Easily add social links to cross-promote your other channels
- The free plan comes with limited features—no tracking clicks, Instagram grid, etc.
Lnk.bio provides a completely free account with your own custom URL and unlimited bio links. Paid plans are $0.99/month, or select between two tiers of one-time payments: a one-time payment of $9.99 or $24.99.
Lnk.bio in action:
Brit + Co uses Lnk.bio on their Instagram profile. With it, they’ve been able to create a page that links to sales pages, shares podcast information, incorporates an email list signup, and links out to their recent Instagram posts.
3. Linkin.bio by Later
Linkin.bio is a tool created by social media scheduler Later. This is a great option for a team looking for multiple social media management tools in one. However, it only works with Instagram, so you can’t also add it to your TikTok bio.
- Their free plan offers both social media scheduling and their link-in-bio tool
- Utilize blocks to create a more engaging Instagram landing page
- Add up to five links per post, allowing you to promote multiple products at once
- You only get one standalone link on your link-in-bio page; the others must be assigned to one of your recent Instagram posts
Later offers a free plan that gets access to their visual Instagram planner, Linkin.bio, limited analytics, and social media scheduling. For more features and better analytics, premium plans start at $6.67/month, paid annually.
Linkin.bio in action:
Superette uses Later’s Linkin.bio tool for their Instagram landing page. It provides a link to their website, and also allows users to explore specific products based on recent posts.
4. Linkit/Sellit by Planoly
Planoly is one of the best link-in-bio tools on the market for ecommerce. Its two link-in-bio solutions are called “Linkit” and “Sellit.” Linkit allows users to assign links to recent posts, while Sellit essentially lets ecommerce brands set up a digital storefront right from their Instagram or TikTok bio link.
- Add two buttons at the top of your micro landing page to your website, blog, product pages, etc.
- Customize the colors of your buttons to match your brand and personalize your photo
- Create a highlight grid with three top posts at the top of your landing page
- Their ecommerce storefront tool Sellit doesn’t have a free plan option
- Analytics only available with paid Sellit plan
Linkit comes with Planoly’s free plan. Sellit is a separate product from Planoly’s social media management capabilities and comes at a price point of $29/month.
Linkit in action:
The Sill uses Planoly for their link-in-bio tool, providing a great way for followers to purchase products that have been featured on their Instagram account.
5. SproutLink by Sprout Social
Sprout Social is another well-known social media management tool that now offers its own link-in-bio solution for customers.
- Get access to a full suite of social media management products
- Add your last year’s worth of Instagram posts (up to 1,000) to your SproutLink page
- Add new posts to your landing page as you schedule them in Sprout Social
- No free plan is available, and Sprout Social is a pricier tool
- As SproutLink is a part of Sprout Social’s overall suite of tools, there is a bigger learning curve than other tools in this list
- There are no standalone links; only links connected to photos from your Instagram grid
Sprout Social’s plans start at $89/user per month, paid annually. However, they do offer a 30-day free trial so users can try the tool out before biting the bullet.
SproutLink in action:
Nature’s Path uses SproutLink to add external links to their Instagram posts.
6. Tap Bio
Tap Bio is another great link-in-bio tool, and they’ve created a unique landing page for their tool completely out of their bio cards to provide users with examples of what their Instagram or TikTok landing pages could look like.
- Create multiple cards with different links and purposes that followers can swipe between
- Very customizable
- Stats are only available with paid plans
- The landing pages aren’t as visually appealing as other tools on our list
- Can be confusing and difficult to set up
Tap Bio has a completely free plan. Paid plans start at $5/month or $36/year.
Tap Bio in action:
Piecework Puzzles uses Tap Bio for their bio links, giving off a great example of how customizable this tool is. Add in your own button colors, background image, and more.
7. LikeShop by Dash Hudson
LikeShop is a part of the Dash Hudson suite of visual marketing tools. They offer a variety of marketing software options for content planning, scheduling, and reporting.
- Link to Instagram posts, videos, and reels from your landing page
- Customize your micro landing page with highlighted images, email signup forms, webpages, and more
- Having to request a demo to get started can lengthen your setup time
Dash Hudson doesn’t publicize their pricing. Instead, they prefer brands to request a demo to learn more about their needs.
LikeShop in action:
Birdies uses Likeshop for their Instagram bio link. They include posts from their feed along with links to their blog, brand story, and FAQs.
LinkPop is a link-in-bio solution provided by Shopify, making it perfect for ecommerce brands.
- Powered by Shopify, LinkPop is seamless to set up and use for ecommerce brands using Shopify as their website platform
- Access analytics to gauge the success of your landing page
- Make it easy to sell products right from your Instagram bio link
- You must have a Shopify account to use LinkPop
LinkPop is completely free to use.
LinkPop in action:
Loop Living uses LinkPop for their Instagram landing page. With this tool, they’re able to share a customized bio, link to their online store and social platforms, and customize a variety of different links.
Taplink is a great option for creating more in-depth, customized landing pages. With this tool, brands can lead customers to various products, product categories, and webpages.
- Create a fully customized micro-landing page for your Instagram or TikTok bio link
- Affordable pricing, even for premium accounts and features
- Add unlimited links
- The free plan doesn’t come with link click analytics, customization, or social links
Taplink has a completely free plan. Premium plans start at $2/month, paid annually.
Taplink in action:
STRETCHIT uses TapLink as a micro landing page, showcasing a number of different products and offerings, as well as linking to their app and YouTube channel.
10. Sked Link
Sked Link is yet another example of a social media management tool that has created their own link-in-bio solution. This is useful for teams who are looking to consolidate tools and make management easier.
- Add different buttons leading to your most popular landing pages
- Create a shoppable Instagram grid right inside your bio link
- Sked Social doesn’t have a free plan available
Plans start at $21/month, paid annually.
Sked Link in action:
Freshé uses Sked Link to customize their Instagram bio link with a quick bio and a number of different links to their website and product pages.
Find the right link-in-bio tool for your ecommerce brand
Start selling more through Instagram and TikTok by utilizing a link-in-bio tool. Promote products and landing pages that benefit your bottom line. To get even more out of your ecommerce brand’s digital marketing, check out how ReferralCandy can help.