2013 has been a phenomenal year for us, and as it draws to a close, we thought we’d take a moment to review what we’ve been up to!
New features, courtesy of Engineering:
- Reward Review Period. Our optional Reward Review Period allows you to review referrals within a specified timeframe (completely up to you!). If you enable this, you’ll have the authority to mark a referral as invalid, and the rewards will not be paid out. (Learn more: Setting A Reward Review Period)
- Superior Referral Flagging. Once in a rare while, our anti-fraud system might refuse to acknowledge a genuine referral. (Some people are just suspicious, with similar names and emails.) You now have the power to override this. If something is a referral in your eyes, you can make it so! (Learn more: Adding A Referral To Your Campaign)
- Improved Reward Settings: Every retailer has different circumstances, so we’re constantly working to ensure that our product is able to meet everyone’s unique needs. You can choose how the rewards work with a lot of precision: Set a minimum purchase amount. Decide whether multiple purchases count towards rewards. There’s even an “X number of referrals before reward” option.
- Default Facebook Sharing Message Customizability. You can customize the messages that your customers share on Facebook and Twitter to refer you. (Learn more: Click here)
- Candy Drips. We have a nifty reminder system in place to make sure that it doesn’t stop your customers from referring their friends to your store! (Learn more: Candy Drips)
- Text & Stylings of Emails Modifiable Ever wanted to customize what you say on your ReferralCandy Pages (Referral Corner Access Page, Personal pages, and widget)? You can! You can do it yourself from your ReferralCandy dashboard. Reward Pending” & “Reward ineligible” emails are now also customizable. (Learn how here)
- White Labelling: For just US$149 per month, the White-Label Add-On allows you to directly edit the HTML and CSS of all emails and pages of your referral program. Every. Single. Thing. We’re talking pretty much absolute powerhere, folks. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. Learn more.
- Internationalization Support. ReferralCandy is available in multiple languages.
- New User Interface. Your ReferralCandy user interface (UI) now displays a better overview of your Referral Program, as well as access to better data about individual participants. We’re adding all sorts of new features along the way. Have fun exploring! (If you’re lucky, you might even catch a glimpse of the old UI lurking around. For now.)
- The ReferralCandy App now more Mobile-Friendly. Responsive design.
- CSV file upload. You can now conveniently add participants to your referral program, en masse! Easily add participants to your referral program through a CSV file upload. The ReferralCandy app will process the file and send referral emails to all the contacts in the file to invite them to your referral program.
- Decreased load times on status pages.
- New referral reports. Stylish, concise, clear. Data presented in a way that makes sense.
- Improved Pricing Plan Flexibility. Now you can change your pricing plan at any time during the free trial. Pricing plan flexibility: Make adjustments whenever necessary! You can now change your pricing plan at any point in time, without having to contact us! Any changes you make will be reflected in the next billing cycle.
- Superior Billing Information: You’ll be able to see each and every single component of your bill, with every referral clearly accounted for. You’ll also be able to check your past billing history, right on your dashboard.
What Marketing has been up to:
We’ve written over 100 blogposts this year! You’re absolutely welcome to read them all if you like, but here are our recommendations:
- How many online stores are there in the US? We looked up some numbers and did a little math, and discovered that there are over 100,000 ecommerce stores in the US making at least US$12,000 annually! This article got us featured in Forbes.
- Cooperation in ecommerce: a proposal. Not all businesses are in competition with you! Find someone selling a complementary good and build a partnership.
- Ecommerce marketing with limited resources. The challenge is to figure out your minimal conditions for success. What do you need to do to survive long enough to build a business?
- Ecommerce must knows. We aggregated and summarized some of the top ranked posts about ecommerce must-knows and best practices, here!
- Blogging for ecommerce retailers. Blogging doesn’t have to be just a chore, it can be a tool of inquiry that you use to clarify your value proposition and grow your business.
- Customer retention vs customer acquisition Pleasing your existing customers turns out to be a better investment for your business than acquiring new ones. Here’s why.
- Everything We’ve Written About Referral Marketing is the best starting point we can direct you to if you’re just getting started on learning about referral programs.
- Epic list of 47 referral programs has proven to be surprisingly popular.
- Why Referral Marketing is Awesome [ Infographic ] 83% of satisfied customers say they’re willing to refer your products to friends, but only 29% actually do so. Referral marketing helps you nudge the rest along.