Christmas is around the corner, and you’re probably busy preparing for it. Holidays aren’t just good for boosting sales at your store. They’re also a great time for your referral program. More sales = more advocates = more people referring your store to their friends.
Tweaking your referral program might sound like a lot of work, but these 3 changes shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes of your time.
1. Use Christmas-themed banner images.
With ReferralCandy, you can use any image you want on your referral program’s emails and pages. To make it easy for you, we’ve created 4 images that you can download and use for your store (just click on them and save the linked image):
To change the banner image on your referral program emails & pages:
- Go to “Configure > Themes”.
- Click “Customize”.
- Click “Edit & preview” to edit any of your referral program’s pages. Then, upload the new banner image.
- Change the banner image for these emails & pages:
- Referral Email
- Reminder Email
- Portal Access Page
- Portal Sharing Page
- Friend Offer Landing Page
- Post Purchase Widget (if you have it enabled)
- Set a reminder to switch back your banner images after 25 Dec!
2. Spice up your sharing messages for the holidays.
Spice up your social media sharing messages by adding references to Christmas! However small the changes, a holiday-themed sharing message will draw more attention during the festive season.
To tweak your default sharing messages:
- Go to “Configure > Sharing Messages”.
- Tweak your default messages. Here’s a suggestion:
Anyone looking for gifts? Check out _your_store_name_, which has great _products_. Use my link to get a discount!
- Set a reminder to switch back your sharing messages after 25 Dec!
3. Send more frequent reminder emails.
Keep your referral program top-of-mind for your advocates by sending them reminder emails more frequently over the holidays. Reduce the reminder email interval to around 2 weeks during this period of time.
ReferralCandy will automatically reduce the frequency of emails sent to advocates who interact less with your campaign. So you don’t have to worry about coming across as spammy!
To reduce the reminder email interval:
- Go to “Configure > Campaign Settings”.
- Under “Reminder Email”, choose a Sending Frequency of 2 weeks.
- Set a reminder to switch back your sending interval after 25 Dec!