This time, we’re taking a look at Erin Condren, who first drew us in with their vibrant colors and beautiful handcrafted designs.
1. They put in a lot of effort to help their customers understand their referral program in the simplest way possible.
They achieved this by firstly creating an animated GIF to illustrate a customer using the referral program:
The gif highlights how easy it is for customers to benefit from referring friends, and they add a referral program cta ‘click here to learn how it works!’ to know more.
The how-it-works page includes step-by-step instructions, accompanied by website screenshots.
The bright interface with the clear call-to-action surely helps to encourage customer referrals!
2. Unlimited referrals, no minimum purchase.
When the referrer (Alice) decides to refer a friend (Bob), she can either send Bob a referral email, or a personalized referral link. One thing we liked was that Alice can choose to refer any number of friends at any time.
After Bob receives the email and proceeds to create an account, he will receive an email with a referral discount in the form of a $10 coupon code, which he can use for his first purchase. Alice will receive $10 credit after Bob makes a purchase. The other aspect of the referral program that we loved was the fact that Bob does not need to spend above a certain amount in order to use the discount coupon.
No minimum spending required.
Due to the ability to refer an unlimited number of friends, and no minimum spending required, we felt that Erin Condren genuinely wants their customers to be able to buy any of their products and refer their friends in the most natural way possible, without any pressure or restrictions. This requires confidence in their products (which they clearly do), as well as a primary focus on customer satisfaction and referral incentives.
Making customer satisfaction your main focus
We felt that Erin Condren’s treatment of their referral program expresses a heavy focus giving their customers a great experience along with great referral program marketing.
- Make your referral program easy to understand and operate. The easier it is for customers to understand and use your referral program, the more likely they are to actually use it. This is why your referral messaging is so important.
- Making customer satisfaction a main priority conveys sincerity and confidence. When customers feel that you are making the effort to ensure their satisfaction, they will like and trust you more.
- Name: Erin Condren
- Product / service type: Hand-designed stationery, gift accessories
- Referral method: Unique referral URL and clean referral program template
- Referral Reward: When referred friend purchases any product- $10 in-store credit
- Referred Friend Offer: After sign-up – $10 discount promotion code (applicable for first purchase; within 30 days of receiving email with promotion coupon)
Check out more referral program examples.