In this article
If you're stuck thinking about how to design your own Shopify website and need some inspiration to create something breathtaking?
Then, take a leaf out of some of the most beautiful websites that exist on Shopify.
We highly discourage any copy and pasting of these designs because 1) those sites were customized for the brands themselves, it might not work best for yours, and 2) customers appreciate some individuality and originality when they browse your site, so do what's best for your brand!
What we do recommend though, is for your to scroll through the different website designs we've compiled and "do research" on how they combine stunning photography, sexy copy, and a beautiful design to bring out the best in their brand—and motivate their customers to make a purchase at their store.
Some interesting insights from the announcement last June include the following:
- Upgraded theme architecture—providing easier and more flexible customization options for merchants.
- Flexible store content—merchants will be able to add the exact content they need to the product page, like a size chart or ingredient list.
- Enhancements to the theme editor—allowing merchants to easily update the hierarchy of a page.
(NOTE: Some of the ecommerce brands listed below use ReferralCandy as their referral program software. If you're interested to learn how to set it up for your own Shopify store, here's a quick setup guide.)
What makes a great Shopify website
Here are some key characteristics of a great Shopify website:
- It is mobile-friendly. More and more people are using their phones and tablets to shop online, so it is important that your website is optimized for mobile devices.
- It is easy to navigate. Your website should be easy to find what customers are looking for. The navigation should be clear and concise, and the search function should be easy to use.
- It is visually appealing. Your website should be visually appealing and engaging. The use of high-quality images and videos can help to create a positive first impression.
- It is secure. Customers need to feel confident that their personal information is safe when they shop on your website. Make sure that you use a secure payment processor and that your website is encrypted.
- It is optimized for search engines. You want your website to be found by potential customers when they search for products or services like yours. Make sure that you optimize your website for search engines by using relevant keywords and phrases.
- It is personalized. You can use customer data to personalize the experience for each visitor to your website. This can be done by showing them products that they have previously viewed or by recommending products that they might be interested in.
- It is easy to use. The checkout process should be easy to follow and should not require customers to enter a lot of information. You can also offer a variety of payment options to make it easier for customers to complete their purchases.
- It is reliable. Your website should be up and running 24/7. If your website is down, you are losing potential sales.
- It is updated regularly. You should update your website regularly with new products, blog posts, and other content. This will help to keep your website fresh and interesting for visitors.
52 of the best Shopify websites to inspire you
Rothy's is a store that sells washable ballet flats made from recycled materials.
(NOTE: Rothy's uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
2. DeathWish Coffee
DeathWish Coffee sells the world's strongest coffee.
3. Endy Sleep
Endy Sleep sells mattresses.
PopSockets is a stylish phone accessory that allows you to do more with your phones.
DockATot sells a multi-functional lounging, playing, chilling, resting, and snuggling dock for babies.
(NOTE: DockATot uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
6. Guava Family
Guava Family sells travel cribs.
7. Fit Tea
Fit Tea sells all-natural detox tea.
Koh sells eco-friendly universal surface cleaner.
9. Bison Coolers
Bison Coolers sells coolers.
Kuna is a smart home security system that prevents break-ins.
(NOTE: Kuna uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
Triangl sells bikinis.
Meller sells sunglasses and eyewear.
(Meller is also using ReferralCandy for their referral marketing efforts.)
13. Keen Home
Keen Home creates smart zoning for your home and helps you achieve the perfect temperature in any room.
Pipette sells skincare and bath essentials for both babies and moms.
15. Yoga Democracy
Yoga Democracy sells yoga leggings and sports attire.
16. Jake and Jones
Jake and Jones sells apparel made by emerging designers.
17. St. Frank
St. Frank sells beautiful, handcrafted home decor.
18. The Coucou Club
The Coucou Club sells beauty tools, accessories and skincare.
19. Grub Club Pets
Grub Club Pets sells hypoallergenic insect-based dog food.
NewSmile sells teeth aligners.
Blanqi sells nursing and maternity clothes.
22. Dona Jo
Dona Jo sells women's workout clothing.
23. The Ghostly Store
The Ghostly Store sells clothing, music and art by Ghostly International.
24. The Ollie World
The Ollie World sells swaddles.
(NOTE: The Ollie World uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
25. HOP WTR
HOP WTR sells sparkling water infused with adaptogens and nootropics.
26. Sakura Wada
Sakura Wada sells medicinal tea.
27. Soso Sake
Soso Sake sells a Japanese beverage that is usually referred to as "Japanese rice wine".
RIFRUF sells quality dog shoes.
Smyle sells toothpaste tablets.
Youfoodz sells a meal delivery service.
(NOTE: Youfoodz uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
JRINK sells cold-pressed juice delivery.
32. Love Ya Guts Box
Love Ya Guts Box is a subscription-based box that includes supplements meant for better gut health.
33. Binxy Baby
Binxy Baby sells baby shopping cart hammocks.
(NOTE: Binxy Baby uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
34. my happy flo
My happy flo sells vitamins to help with periods.
Coobie sells undergarments.
Noémie sells jewellery.
37. Noah's Box
Noah's Box sells subscription boxes starter kits.
38. Label K
Label K sells jewelry for moms by a mom.
39. Acton Global
Acton sells electric skateboards and related gears.
(NOTE: Acton Global uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
Snuggs sells period underwear.
41. Pretty Litter
Pretty Litter sells health-monitoring cat litter.
Furbo sells interactive pet cameras.
43. Moxie Scrubs
Moxie Scrubs sells medical apparel for nurses.
Cheesies sells cheese-based snacks.
45. Thrive Causemetics
Thrive Causemetics sells cosmetics.
(NOTE: Thrive Causemetics uses ReferralCandy for their referral program!)
46. Player One Coffee
Player One Coffee sells coffee and cocoa beans.
47. Perfect Keto
Perfect Keto sells exogenous ketones.
RollinGreens sells plant-based food.
49. Christy Dawn
Christy Dawn sells dresses.
Trip sells CBD drinks and CBD oils.
Honeylove sells garments made for all body shapes and sizes.
(Honeylove is also using ReferralCandy to power their referral program)
52. Fleur & Bee
Fleur & Bee sells skincare.
53. Better & Better
Better & Better sells premium, natural, vegan, and eco-friendly oral care with vitamins.
JetFuel sells clean, sustainable, ethical vitamins and tea.
55. A Glass Of
A Glass Of sells wines from Australia's best independent winemakers.
Allplants sells healthy chef-prepared plant-based meals.
Get inspired by these top Shopify websites
Don't just scroll through these websites and wait for inspiration to drop.
Observe and analyze carefully how these websites have managed to bring out their brand personality, nail their Shopify SEO and still motivate customers to buy, and buy more. Here are some good pieces of advice from experts:
Some other quick tips for your ecommerce sites:
- Reduce your product image sizes! This is one of the easiest ways to save on vertical space & help with conversion. A 1:1 ratio tends to work best!
- Don't get overly ambitious when displaying the benefits of your products—simple is the way to go.
Once you've identified these patterns of success, apply them to your website and soon, you'll have a beautiful + high-converting website to shout about. But if some of these websites require more technical or design skills, why not hire a freelance Shopify Web Designer for your ecommerce website project!
Here are some articles that we think might be able to help you optimize your ecommerce website further:
- A Step-By-Step Shopify SEO Guide (For Real People)
- 20+ Easy Call-to-Action Examples That Boost Conversions And Sales
- Top Ecommerce Landing Pages & Why They Work
P.S. If you enjoyed reading this, subscribe to our newsletter where we share our latest articles and helpful resources.