Out adrift in the vast sea of online content, it’s very easy to suffer from content overload.
“What should I read?”
“Who should I follow?”
“How will I know if their advice is helpful?”
To save you the trouble, we decided to compile a list of our own favorite blogs that we follow!
We’ve previously featured 25 such marketing blogs, but as the post was originally published in 2014, many of the blogs that we’ve featured has either ceased to exist, or have not been updated for a long time.
We’ve decided to give this post a long overdue update.
This new list of blogs were chosen for their thought leadership and/or breathtaking presentation. They’ve helped us gain new perspectives and improved the way we work– and we’re betting you’ll experience the same thing.
This time round, we’ve also sorted them into the different marketing categories, so you can jump straight into the best of the best in the category you want to learn more of. I’ve also extracted their most popular blog posts (using Ahrefs’ Site Explorer) to give a quick headstart on what their blog is like.
(NOTE: If you’re looking for the best ecommerce blogs, you can find them here.)
Without further ado, here are 55 of the best marketing blogs (sorted by categories).
Click on the following links to jump to your relevant topic:
- General Marketing
- Word of Mouth Marketing / Influencer Marketing / Affiliate Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
- Growth Marketing
The HubSpot blog receives millions of visitors a month, and is one of the most popular blogs about marketing on the Internet. It covers every single imaginable topic about marketing, even hiring.
HubSpot’s blog posts are highly actionable and incredibly detailed (which is pleasantly surprising for a blog of this size). You’ll learn a whole lot about marketing if you were to take the time to read some of their best blog posts.
- Here’s Your Go-To Social Media Image Size Cheat Sheet
- 42 Visual Content Marketing Statistics You Should Know in 2017
- The Best Time to Post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+
Led by marketing guru Ryan Deiss, DigitalMarketer is a website dedicated to providing online certifications and education to aspiring and expert digital marketers.
As a result, DigitalMarketer’s blog also covers a wide range of online marketing topics, including content marketing, conversion rate optimization, SEO, and much much more.
- Customer Value Optimization: How to Build an Unstoppable Business
- 7 AdWords Tips Google Doesn’t Want You to Know About
- 101 Best Email Subject Lines of 2017
Duct Tape Marketing dispenses practical advice for small businesses written by John Jantsch and other guest writers.
- 30 Tips for Great Digital Marketing
- Daily Rituals – My Awesome Daily Plan For Success
- Why Your Website Needs a Storyteller Instead of a Designer
4. G2 Learn Hub
G2 appeared on our radar after their incredible Road to 1 Million Organic Monthly Visits. What you may remember as “G2Crowd”, a software review website has become a content marketing powerhouse and built out a Product and Brand Marketing Hub, covering everything from ‘How to Run a Successful Brand Ambassador Company’ to ‘Everything You Need to Know About Co-branding.
- Why Word of Mouth Marketing Is So Effective (+ How You Can Use It)
- What Is E-Commerce Marketing? (+30 Tips to Know in 2019)
- 50+ Powerful Digital Marketing Statistics for 2019 (Infographic)
CoSchedule is a software that allows you to manage your content and social media calendar with just one dashboard. This allows you to plan your editorial calendar better, timing for the right events, launches and so on.
To support their product, the CoSchedule team has also created a world-class blog covering every online marketing topic possible.
- Best Times to Post on Social Media According to 23 Studies
- Catchy Blog Titles: 5 Steps, 100+ Formulas, 500+ Words
- Color Psychology in Marketing: The Complete Guide
(Bonus!) The Agency Vista blog
The Agency Vista blog is a go-to resource for many marketing agencies, especially for digital marketers looking for insightful content on digital marketing, customer retention, productivity, content marketing, and SEO.
Prior to Agency Vista, their Founder and CEO, Vitaly Veksler, founded and ran Social Report (now Traject) — bringing a wealth of knowledge and resources to their members through the Agency Vista blog.
- Introducing White Labeled Customer Intake Questionnaire
- How to Create an Effective SEO Strategy in 2021
- Finding a Digital Marketing Agency in 2021
Word-of-Mouth Marketing / Influencer Marketing / Affiliate Marketing
If you don’t already know, ReferralCandy (that’s us!) specializes in customer acquisition through automated word-of-mouth referrals.
Our blog started out covering a wide range of topics, including content marketing, social issues in ecommerce, and more, but we’re now focusing on word-of-mouth and ecommerce marketing.
- An Epic List of 74 Referral Programs
- Why Referral Marketing Is Awesome
- How to choose Referral Program Incentives (with Examples!)
- 8 Easy Rules to Write Product Descriptions That Sell
Affiliate marketing guru Pat Flynn has made a name for himself being entirely transparent about his income and how he does his affiliate marketing.
Read the Smart Passive Income blog to discover how you can excel in affiliate marketing too.
- SEO in 2017: Proven Content Ideas That Attract Backlinks
- How to Start a Podcast in 2018
- “I Appreciate You”: What It Means & Why It’s Important to Me
8. Charles Ngo
One-man band Charles Ngo has turned himself into one of the foremost gurus about affiliate marketing. Charles shares everything he knows in his blog, so you too can kickstart your own affiliate marketing journey.
- 6 Smartcuts To Achieve Exponential Growth
- The Beginner’s Guide to Native Advertising for Affiliate Marketing
- Low Ecommerce Conversion Rate? DO These 7 Things To Boost Shopify
Award-winning UK blogger Matthew Woodward is a SEO expert and an affiliate marketing guru. He writes in-depth articles about the experiment he is currently running, so you can experiment with similar strategies as well.
- How To Start A Blog The RIGHT WAY in 2018 Step By Step
- How To Use The Best Spinner To Spin Articles That Fool Google
- The Best Free SEO Tools To Supercharge Your Search Rankings
The Traackr blog is one of the best blogs on the Internet covering every single topic on influencer marketing, the art of working with people with large social media followings. Traackr also shares successful case studies of companies working with influencers, showcasing the power of this channel.
- A Marketer’s Step-by-Step Plan for Influencer Outreach
- 11 Experts React to Influence 2.0: The Future of Influencer Marketing
- Influencer Marketing Strategy in 5 Steps
(Bonus!) Adam Enfroy
Adam Enfroy teaches 400,000 monthly readers how to “blog like a startup.” An SEO and affiliate marketing expert, Adam details how he makes over $80k per month from 100+ affiliate programs with detailed income reports. He also reviews the top tools needed to start a successful online business.
- 11 Easy Steps to Start a Blog (to Make Money)
- How to Make Money Blogging ($203k Year One)
- 97 Best New Small Business Ideas (Low-Cost and Online)
11. Grow & Convert
Benji and Devesh set the content marketing world on fire when they first announced that they were going to grow from 0 to 35,000 visitors in only 6 months.
They’ve since pivoted to a full-fledged content marketing agency, but the articles they produce about content marketing is still world-class, actionable and best of all, based in reality.
- Growing a Digital Agency: How KlientBoost scaled from $0 to $1M in 12 months
- “Mirage Content” Is the Reason Why Your Company Blog Isn’t Generating Leads
- Customer-Content Fit: A Framework for Producing Content That Attracts Customers
12. Intercom – Inside Intercom (blog) and the Intercom on… Series
For me, it started with Intercom on Product Management, an honest, detailed guide to product management. That heralded the rise of Intercom as an authoritative voice on building products and software success, the launch of the book series and yet another content marketing powerhouse.
- Intercom on Product Management
- People leave managers, not companies. Don’t let that manager be you.
- Vanity metrics, the future, and 100,000 thank you’s | Inside Intercom
Well-loved by content marketers, the BuzzSumo tool provides data on the most popular content on the Internet. This allows content marketers to keep up-to-date on what is working, and what isn’t.
This large volume of data also allows BuzzSumo to publish articles based on what they’ve analyzed.
- We Analyzed 100 Million Headlines. Here’s What We Learned
- How to make things viral: Lessons from the Most Shared Content
- The Future is More Content: Jeff Bezos, Robots and High Volume Publishing
Arguably the blog that coined the term content marketing, the Content Marketing Institute is a must-read for anybody serious about learning content marketing. It consists of a blog, multiple events throughout the year and even a magazine for content marketing education.
- 50 Best Social Media Tools From 50 Most Influential Marketers Online
- What is Content Marketing?
- 27+ Handy Tools for Better Visual Content Marketing
Run by the former Head of Marketing at Vero, Jimmy Daly continues his content marketing philosophy by transforming the Animalz blog in a wealth of information about how to excel in content marketing.
- How to Succeed at Content Marketing: Do It Better, or Do It Differently
- Content Marketing Advice: 50 Tips on Growing a Blog with Content
- Technical SEO for Content Marketers
16. Orbit Media
Andy Crestodina is a veteran in the blogging and content marketing industry, and his experience shows in the Orbit Media blog. Andy dishes out practical tips for content marketing and even design and analytics.
- Blogging Statistics and Trends: The 2017 Survey of 1000+ Bloggers
- New Research: 3rd Annual Survey of 1000+ Bloggers
- 15 Things To Remove From Your Website Immediately
One of the most highly-rated SEO blogs on the Internet, Tim Soulo and Joshua Hardwick manages the blog – ensuring that every single piece is world-class, and educates their users on how to use their tools better.
- 75 Actionable SEO Tips (That Work Like A Charm in 2018)
- How To Do Keyword Research for SEO – Ahrefs’ Guide
- How long does it take to rank in Google?
Brian Dean bursted onto the SEO scene several years back, and has never looked back since. Even though there are only about 30+ posts on Brian’s blog, each post is in-depth, actionable and contains every single thing you need to know about a particular topic.
- Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List
- We Analyzed 1 Million Google Search Results. Here’s What We Learned About SEO
- SEO in 2018: The Definitive Guide
Webris is the SEO company owned by Ryan Stewart, the SEO guy obsessed with being the best at internet marketing. Even though Webris has since been acquired by I’m From The Future, another SEO agency, Webris still produces top-notch content dedicated to educating SEOs on what’s working.
- Upload Our SEO Dashboard for Google Analytics
- 19 Link Building Strategies that WORK in 2018
- How I Took A New Site 0 – 15k Organic Visits in 30 Days
The granddaddy of SEO blogs, many current SEOs credit the Moz blog as the spark that lit their SEO flames.
The best part is that the Moz blog has never lost its steam despite publishing for so many years.
- SEO: The Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization from Moz
- Local Search Ranking Factors Study 2017 – Local SEO
- Google Algorithm Change History
20. Authority Hacker
Authority Hacker, started by Gael Breton and Webster is a website dedicated to teaching readers how to build authority sites. To build an authority site requires you to understand and excel in SEO, which means Authority Hacker dedicates a lot of its time into teaching SEO tactics and strategies.
- How 21 Bloggers Made $1,286,866 in 30 Days…
- What is The Best Keyword Research Tool in 2017? Long Tail PRO vs MOZ vs Ahrefs vs SEMRUSH
- 11 Affiliate Sites That Do Things Right in 2017 (And How You Can Emulate Them)
21. Copy Hackers
Run by Joanne Wiebe, CopyHackers is a site fully focused on the art of conversion copywriting. Unlike many copywriting websites secretly disguised as make-money-online sites, CopyHackers creates in-depth guides and case studies on how to use words to improve conversions.
- The All-in-One Content Marketing Playbook for Startups
- Copywriting formulas (don’t write from scratch!)
- I tried writing Facebook ads. Even I didn’t expect what I found.
Run by Henneke Duistermaat, this blog shares about how to write more persuasively. (I’m subscribed to her newsletter!)
- How to Write Faster: 12 Unusual Productivity Hacks
- 9 Simple Tips for Writing Persuasive Web Content
- Self-Editing: How to Polish Your Words Until They’re Shiny
23. Goins, Writer
Focusing more on the art and science of being a full-time writer, Jeff Goins still shares plenty of tips that copywriters can use to turn their words into cash.
- 3 Reasons to Travel While You’re Young
- 10 Ridiculously Simple Steps for Writing a Book
- The Secret to Developing a Regular Writing Habit
Despite its oldschool, outdated look, this site has kickstarted the careers of more copywriters than you can count. Gary Halbert (RIP), one of the best copywriters in the world uploaded his previously-paid physical newsletters onto the Web for free, educating tons of copywriters on the art of money-making copywriting.
The blog of famous copywriter John Carlton, there are plenty of copywriting tips (as well as his rants) on the state of writing and marketing.
Sumo, run by the popular entrepreneur Noah Kagan is an email popup software used by thousands of bloggers and ecommerce stores worldwide.
Their blog teaches you everything you need to know to succeed at email marketing (as well as tons of other highly actionable internet marketing guides, top lead magnets, and segmentation campaigns.)
- The BEST Email Subject Lines: 87 Subject Lines To Get Your Emails Opened
- Want To Increase Website Traffic? Here Are 134 Website Traffic Tactics
- 2017 Email Signup Benchmarks: Here’s How Many Visitors Should Be Subscribing
Sumo’s competitor, OptinMonster also writes a mean blog about email marketing.
- (Updated) 164 Best Email Subject Lines to Boost Open Rates in 2018
- 69 Super Effective Lead Magnet Ideas to Grow Your Email List in 2018
- Vanity metrics, the future, and 100,000 thank you’s | Inside Intercom
The email marketing industry is a competitive field, but that only means good things for us as email marketing blogs fight to create the best content.
Litmus is no exception, having a world-class blog on email marketing.
- A Guide to Animated GIFs In Email
- The How-To Guide to Responsive Email Design
- Gmail to Support Responsive Email Design
Benchmark has a beautifully designed blog that teaches you everything you need to know about email marketing.
- Discussing Digital Marketing, Email & Engagement with Smart Insights
- Behind the Scenes: An Insider Look at The Challenge of a Rebrand
- Top Video Marketing Trends For Increased Sales & Conversion
A “latecomer” to the game of email marketing, ConvertKit has proved naysayers wrong by growing at a rapid rate in a short span of years.
Their blog now focuses on email marketing and other various aspects of marketing.
- 10 Easy Tips To Increase Your Affiliate Income
- How To Start A Blog FREE Email Course
- Who says email marketing has to be complicated?
Social Media Marketing
The Buffer blog delivers articles with effective and actionable social media tips to help you get ahead of the game.
Alfred Lua maintains the blog, ensuring that it delivers quality content to readers.
- 8 Amazing, Little-Known Ways Music Affects the Brain
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happy
- Why Facebook Is Blue: The Science of Colors in Marketing
32. Sprout Social
SproutSocial makes it easy for you to manage your social media, and learn from your data whether your efforts are working.
- Best Times to Post on Social Media: 2018 Industry Research
- How to Use Hashtags on Every Social Media Network
- 6 Social Media Trends That Will Take Over 2018
Similar to Buffer, Hootsuite’s blog covers everything social media-related.
- How to Create a Social Media Marketing Plan in 6 Steps
- 7 Social Media Templates to Save You Hours of Work
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar: Tips and Templates
34. Jenn’s Trends
Social media guru Jenn Herman runs this blog, sharing everything she knows about social media (with specific emphasis on Instagram marketing).
- What are your limits on Instagram?
- What should you say? How to respond to comments on Instagram
- How to create an Instagram bio that draws in followers
35. Mari Smith
Mari Smith is a Facebook marketing guru that is even recognized by Facebook themselves. Read her blog to stay updated on everything Facebook, and how best to make use of the platform.
- 12 Facebook Marketing Tools To Increase Your Reach And Engagement
- How To Contact Facebook: A Directory of 120+ Forms
- Facebook News Feed Tests: The Impact on Organic Reach, What Marketers Need To Know
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
As the name suggests, ConversionXL’s aim is to help readers optimize their conversion rates.
- Pricing Experiments You Might Not Know, But Can Learn From
- The Effect of Typography on User Experience & Conversions
- How To Persuade People Online – 17 Lesser Known Jedi Mind Tricks
The poster child of successful content marketing, the Unbounce blog has been featured in bestselling marketing books like Traction.
- The Noob Guide to Online Marketing Infographic Embed Code
- Conversion Centered Marketing Campaign Design
- What Is A Good Conversion Rate For My Landing Page?
The Conversion Rate Experts blog focuses on only writing about content that they have experience with.
- Split-testing 101
- Does optimization ever end? How we grew Crazy Egg’s conversion rate by 363%
- 10 “must-have” internet marketing books
The Invesp blog has been around for some time, and is one of the best blogs out there about CRO.
- Customer Acquisition Vs.Retention Costs [Infographic]
- The Importance Of Online Customer Reviews [Infographic]
- Online Shopping Personalization – Statistics and Trends [Infographic]
The VWO blog focuses on covering real-world conversion experiments that have yielded results.
- [Infographic] A Newbie’s Guide to A/B Testing
- [Infographic] The Anatomy of a Perfect Checkout Page
- Stock Image or Real Image: A/B Testing Provides an Incredible 161% Increase in Conversions
Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
41. Ads Espresso
AdsEspresso is a blog that focuses on covering everything Facebook ads-related.
- Top Instagram Updates You Need to Know – March 2018 Edition
- Facebook Ad Examples – Thousands of Real Ads with 1 click
- Top Facebook Updates That You Can’t Afford to Miss – March 2018 Edition
The Wordstream blog focuses on making PPC easy.
- 37 Staggering Video Marketing Statistics for 2018
- The Top 20 Most Expensive Keywords in Google AdWords Advertising
- What’s a Good Conversion Rate? (It’s Higher than You Think)
43. Jon Loomer
Facebook marketing guru Jon Loomer helps readers and clients optimize their Facebook ads.
- How to Create a Facebook Ad Collection
- All Facebook Image Dimensions and Ad Specs 
- Facebook Fraud Response: Are Facebook Ads a Waste of Money?
44. PPC Hero
PPC Hero is the blog managed by Hanapin Marketing, an enterprise-level marketing agency. PPC Hero was born when Hanapin Marketing realized that there was plenty of blogs about SEO, but none truly dedicated to PPC marketing.
- The Ultimate Guide to PPC Marketing
- Ultimate Guide to Adwords Remarketing
- Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords Quality Score
45. Klient Boost
KlientBoost is a PPC agency that wants to help your business make money money.
- 29 AdWords Quality Score Factors – Facts, Myths, and Quick Fixes [2.0]
- The PPC Food Pyramid: A 211 Point PPC Marketing Strategy
- 34 Landing Page Best Practices To Lift Conversions [2.0]
46. Matthew Barby
Matthew Barby is the Head of Growth at Hubspot, and in his spare time (I don’t even know where he gets his time), he shares everything he knows about SEO and growth marketing.
- How to Rank Number One in Google in 2017
- 19 Actionable SEO Tips to Increase Organic Traffic
- An Advanced Guide to Building an Email List
47. Noah Kagan
Noah Kagan is the Chief Sumo of Sumo Group, where he has grown several businesses to 8-figures in revenue. Okdork is the blog where he shares the strategies, insights and mindset needed to replicate his success.
- SEO Case Study With Brian Dean
- 10 LinkedIn Publishing Tips: We Analyzed 3000 LinkedIn Blog Posts
- What I Learned Spending $3 Million on Facebook Ads
48. Kevin Indig
Kevin is the SEO Lead at Atlassian, the company behind beloved products like Trello, Hipchat and Jira. This is his personal blog where he shares what he has learnt from his years of experience growing the user base of multiple SaaS companies.
- Why product-market fit is so important to growth marketing
- Creating an SEO strategy from scratch
- User intent mapping on steroids
49. Brian Balfour
Brian is the CEO of Reforge, and the ex-VP Growth at Hubspot. Brian doesn’t publish regularly, but when he does, it’s always pure gold.
- Inside the 6 Hypotheses that Doubled Patreon’s Activation Success
- The First Step To Building A Growth Machine
- Don’t Let Your North Star Metric Deceive You
50. Casey Winters
Casey Winters is a scaling and growth advisor to multiple startups, and this blog shares his thoughts and ideas on growth marketing.
- Why Onboarding is the Most Crucial Part of Your Growth Strategy
- Don’t Become a Victim of One Key Metric
- A Primer on Startup SEO
New York Times bestselling author Ramit Sethi decided to start GrowthLab in order to focus more on his growing interest in entrepreneurship, digital marketing and the ability to live a Rich Life.
GrowthLab is a blog dedicated to helping entrepreneurs find the real stories and tactics behind sustainable online business growth.
- Forget going viral. Here’s how to create work that lasts forever
- 3 personalization tweaks that boosted my sales by 70%
- How to take Fridays “off” (and still be insanely productive)
52. Occam’s Razor
Avinash Kaushik is the digital marketing evangelist at Google, and is the co-founder of Market Motive. This is his blog where he shares his thoughts about web analytics and analysis.
- Stop All Social Media Activity (Organic) | Solve For A Profitable Reality
- Best Social Media Metrics: Conversation, Amplification, Applause, Economic Value
- Digital Marketing and Measurement Model: Web Analytics
Jeff Sauer is a web analytics expert, and his blog is a one-stop-shop on understanding web analytics and using it to inform your SEO and PPC efforts.
- How to Make 6 Figures as a Marketing Consultant
- 8 Steps for Eliminating Bad Data in Google Analytics
- 90 Day Challenge – 90 videos and 90 blog posts in 90 days
Web Analytics World is one of the leading blogs on web analytics.
55. Neil Patel
Like his main product, Neil Patel’s blog is known for he’s data and analytics articles.
He also has three main categories: Infographics, Marketing Guides, and Webinars. These ensure that you’ll always get the latest information in their most digestible forms!
- How Loading Time Affects Your Bottom Line
- How to Get More Likes on Facebook – Infographic
- How to Use the Psychology of Color to Increase Website Conversions
56. Online Behavior
Online Behavior was a site dedicated to helping small business owners understand how their customers behave online. But, unfortunately, they have shut their website down.
- Google Tag Manager: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Google Analytics Content Experiments – A Guide To Website Testing
- Google Analytics Demographics & Interests Reports
57. Nightwatch blog
Nightwatch blog is dedicated to SEO professionals, digital marketing agencies and business owners focused on leveling up their marketing game. The blog covers a wide range of topics, including in-depth marketing and SEO case studies, and growth hacking lessons from the Nightwatch team.
The content presents a unique perspective on the world of online marketing and is always packed with actionable tips for marketers and business owners.
- How to Use Segmentation in SEO to Dominate Your Niche Markets
- Social Listening: An Exhaustive Guide to Generating Relevant Content Ideas Using Social Media
- How We Acquired 150+ High Authority Backlinks in 8 Months with Our Ultimate Blogger Outreach Strategy
Ucraft is a drag and drop website builder, offering customers great packages either for free or for a small annual fee. Aside from adding features to their product and designing templates, Ucraft also runs a blog where the company’s content writers post about marketing trends, campaigns and other relevant topics.
- Everything you should know about influencer marketing on Instagram
- Dragons, white walkers, and SEO: an online marketing team in Westeros
- How to use social data to launch a successful social media campaign
These blogs are excellent entry points to leaner and meaner marketing. Let us know if there are any particular blogs you feel should be on this list.