In this article
This is a guestpost from ProProfs.
eCommerce marketers often face the challenge of choosing the right tools that help them scale their marketing efforts. Why?
Because the marketplace is filled with options. They’ll see a million email marketing automation tools, or a thousand different advertising platforms, not counting the trillion upsells and cross-sells in the middle. In short, it’s a bumpy ride for them.
After a while, it just gets plain confusing.
But don’t worry, we’ve researched and listed the best eCommerce marketing tools for you. To kick things off in style, we have come up with a full list that you can consider using to grow your business.
Top 10 eCommerce Marketing Tools You’ll Need in 2021
1. Engagebay - All-in-One Marketing & Sales CRM to Capture Leads
Are you a small or medium-sized business, shopping for that one tool that takes care of all your marketing, sales, and customer support needs? It is your lucky day because your quest comes to an end with Engagebay, your all-in-one marketing, and sales CRM that acquires, interacts, fosters, and converts prospects to paying customers.
With a full stack of marketing, sales, and service features, Engagebay is a simple, powerful and unified platform that efficiently manages key business operations and gives you the much needed time to maintain and grow your business.
- Run ads on social channels to attract targeted customers
- Use web popups and contact forms to capture lead information
- Run SMS and email broadcasts to nurture leads
Why Choose Engagebay?
- Get 360-degree view of your customers to understand their behavior
- Automate sales process with visual drag and drop option
- Send proposals and track user behavior
Sign up with the ‘Free’ plan at $0/month giving your access to a limited set of features. Upgrade to an All-In-One plan starting at $14.99/user/month.
2. ProProfs Chat - Live Chat Software to Improve Real-time Communication
If you are considering migrating to an online store, integrating a live chat plugin is right at the top of your priority list of marketing tools for eCommerce websites. ProProfs Chat is designed to help eCommerce businesses start two-way communication with customers. Other than the instant communication facility, this live chat plugin for your eCommerce website enables you to capture high-quality leads via a process of interactions, monitoring, and engagement and convert them into sales.
Boasting of a clientele with the likes of Sony, Dell, Cisco, DHL, Yale, and more, ProProfs Chat is your go-to eCommerce marketing platform. Features such as Announcements help you inform your eCommerce website visitors about lighting deals, discounts, upcoming sale events, and more. This gives you the perfect opportunity to identify upsell opportunities for your online business.
- Secure chat transfers
- Proactive chat greetings and announcements
- 50+ integrations with external applications like Microsoft Dynamics, MailChimp, Drupal, WordPress, etc.
Why Choose ProProfs Chat?
- Easy to install - even if you have no technical knowledge
- Create your support bundle with native apps like ProProfs Knowledge Base, ProProfs Help Desk, and ProProfs Survey Maker for free
- Capture qualified leads with pre-chat form
Sign up free of cost to try premium features for 15 days or get started with the ‘forever free’ plan. You can also opt for a paid plan starting from $10/user/month.
3. ReferralCandy - Customer Referral Program Software to Grow Sales
Are you looking to boost sales simply with some innovative word-of-mouth marketing? Get the process rolling with ReferralCandy that allows eCommerce businesses to design their unique customer referral programs, just the way they want it.
With an easy set-up process, ReferralCandy is trusted by over 30,000 online stores worldwide. The platform is your ideal choice to drive referrals as it seamlessly integrates with your marketing stack. Plus, it also monitors and tracks platforms that are best suited to initiate brand outreach campaigns.
- Automate referral program
- Customize landing page and email
- View & track data driven insights
Why Choose Referral Candy?
- Automate all aspects of the customer referral process including invitations, mailing lists, referred purchases along with activating real-time tracking of successful referrals and reward distribution
- Easy to use customization options like the Theme Editor, complete control over templates via HTML and CSS editing and compatibility with mobile platforms offers a state-of-the-art brand experience
- Data-driven insights help generate reports highlighting your business strengths and weaknesses to determine how your referral program is performing against the industry benchmark
Try the Premium plan on a 14-day free trial, after which it gets billed at $59/month + commission.
4. Rebrandly - Link Management Software to Create Custom Brand URLs
Thinking that link management is history in the context of digital marketing? Think again because the concept of link management has only gotten smarter, doing a lot more to market your brand to your intended target audience than ever before.
Check out Rebrandly, one of the top tools for eCommerce marketing. It has completely transformed how businesses engage in link building by introducing the concept of branding when creating, sharing, and managing links. Trusted by some of the smartest brands in the world like Condé Nast, Lamborghini, IBM, MetLife, and more, Rebrandly has positioned itself as the ideal alternative to generic short URLs.
- Update the destination URLs of branded links at any time
- Redirect users to a specific location in a mobile app
- Route the traffic to relevant destinations via link retargeting
Why Choose Rebrandly?
- No technical expertise required
- Manage 404 traffic and SSL directly from one dashboard
- Fire retargeting pixels directly from your branded links and add users to retargeting list
Join at $0 ‘Free’ plan or go with the ‘Starter’ pack at $29/month.
5. Google Analytics - Analytics Tool to Get Better Visitor Insights
By setting up your online store, every touchpoint of your customer lifecycle journey will generate volumes of data. If you have the time and the bandwidth to evaluate this information and follow it with corrective actions, then Google Analytics is the perfect eCommerce tool.
At the very onset, you may feel slightly intimidated, or even confused to a certain extent. Once you start deep diving, Google Analytics can be pretty complex with tons of concepts to understand and multiple reports to run. That said, the platform provides an incredibly in-depth look at your website and/or app performance in relation to visitors browsing on one or both online properties.
- Use drag and drop functionality to build custom reports
- Track pages views to understand traffic in-flow on website
- Add filters to view modified data in seconds
Why Choose Google Analytics?
- Understand exit points of your website through metrics like bounce rate
- Build ideal buyer persona to comprehend basic audience demographics such as age, gender, interests, devices, and location
- Monitor and track your business progress by assigning goals-against individual activities
Access Google Analytics free of cost or talk to a sales representative to get a quote on the enterprise version.
6. Sendlane - Email Marketing Automation Tool for Customized Drip Campaigns
Any online business needs to have a strong email marketing strategy in place, especially when this form of advertising and promotion can drive 30% to 40% of your monthly revenue. Meet Sendlane, a cloud-based email marketing solution that boasts of a 40,000+ user base.
Launched just over five years back, Sendlane has built a reputation that empowers eCommerce businesses to convert prospects into lifetime customers. Be it through sending personalized welcome emails or behavior-based email marketing automation; this is an all-in-one software that covers all your bases for email marketing.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop email builder
- Use quick designs and send them to your campaigns
- Real-time analytics to track conversion performance
Why Choose Sendlane?
- Segment your audience lists using various parameters like location, types of device, products purchased, and more
- Gather user information, monitor and track clicks and analyze sales
- Integrate with over 1400+ third-party applications to do much more with this tool than email marketing
Test drive for 14 days on a freemium plan post which you can upgrade to the ‘Growth’ pack at $99/month.
7. Poptin - Lead Capture Platform to Create Engaging Popups & Forms
Just like email marketing can generate up to $38 for every dollar that a business spends; similarly one of the top marketing tools for eCommerce that brands should consider is a website popup strategy that converts customers. Monitoring user behavior on the website through developing popups, widgets, and overlays will determine the approach for messaging the client to ensure sales closure.
With no requirement of coding skills, you can create your unique free Poptin in minutes. The platform works seamlessly with external applications like Joomla, WordPress, Shopify, WiX, etc. making it a popular tool choice among digital agencies, online marketers, bloggers, portals, and eCommerce website owners.
- Use advanced drag and drop editor to make simple customizations
- Implement triggers such as exit-intent, time delay, and more to improve lead acquisition
- A library of high quality, ready to use templates to choose from
Why Choose Poptin?
- Build popups displaying the right message at the right time incorporating smart embedded forms to capture high-quality website leads
- Create multiple pop-ups to experiment with and split test with every campaign
- Ensures your website pop-ups are responsive and resize detecting screen configurations of the device
Access limited features by signing up for the ‘FREE’ plan or opt for a premium version starting at $19/month.
8. Wiremo - Customer Review Platform for eCommerce Websites
Listening to customers is one of the essential functions of any business. This makes a customer review plugin like Wiremo mandatory for all eCommerce businesses to integrate with their online operations. The objective of this integration helps the relevant business departments to improve their products or services.
Wiremo offers widgets that can be fully customized with color, styles, buttons, and review forms to fit perfectly with your business website design. With an array of language options to choose from to match your theme-friendly design, Wimero is the platform that connects the brand with their customers to form lasting relationships.
- Supports in-built trigger system
- Use of segmented audience data to design campaigns
- Insert the Wiremo Carousel widget to control customer communication
Why Choose Wiremo?
- Automate review requests to customers to drive trust and credibility with prospects inclined to buy from the brand
- Simplifies the process of sharing reviews with integration options with popular social platforms
- Compatible with all eCommerce platforms
Try any plan on a 14 day free trial after which you can upgrade to a premium version that starts from as low as $19.99/month
9. Qualaroo - User Feedback Software to Improve Website Performance
When the goal is to improve website performance based on user feedback, you are looking for a tool that can act as your conversion rate optimizer. Primarily designed as an automated customer feedback software, Qualaroo collects precisely targeted customer feedback that, in turn, generates valuable information and actionable insights, enabling businesses to create better products and services.
As one of the most popular eCommerce tools for small businesses or even medium and large-sized enterprises, Qualaroo is a nifty tool compatible with external applications and can be deployed with any of your products. Leading brands like Zillow, Lenovo, Twilio, and TripAdvisor have put their trust in Qualaroo to capture qualitative feedback for driving promising business results.
- Target specific user groups with a Qualaroo Nudge
- Create and manage your customer surveys from a unified dashboard
- Complete control of every Nudge's branding and design by choosing colors and inserting your business logo on the Nudge popup
Why Choose Qualaroo?
- Delve into your clients' minds by running exit surveys to find out the reasons for potential sales that couldn’t close
- Capture user insights at every stage of the design process
- Import your user data into Google Data Studio, Chartio, or Tableau among many others
Check out any of the plans by signing up for the 14-day free trial, which can be upgraded to a paid version starting at $199/month.
10. UpLead - Lead Generation Tool to Capture Qualified Leads
As a popular data intelligence solution, UpLead boasts of a powerful lead generation tool with the capacity to install and deploy various functions and plugins, enabling filtered search for prospects. Its user-friendly interface allows new beginners to start using this application quickly.
Supported by several mobile platforms, it connects you with over 46 million verified B2B business contacts and companies, helping you develop a targeted user list. This contact list can be conveniently imported with tasks, notes, and reminders being scheduled to have more control over the brand’s daily operations and progress towards achieving short and long term targets.
- Access to 46 million business contacts worldwide
- Perform a Company Search to come up with a comprehensive list of companies in a particular space
- Use Contacts Lookup function to get in touch with your key decision-maker
Why Choose Uplead?
- Generate high-quality leads, build your pipeline, and create ABM campaigns.
- Enriches your contact data, making it easy for your sales team to build rapport.
- Get higher contact accuracy, and more successful connections
Indulge in a free test drive at $0 or opt for a premium product starting at $99/month.
Bonus: SocialBee - Fast-Growing Social Media Management Tool
If you're a solopreneur or a small/medium-sized business, you need to start saving time and automate your social media posting. SocialBee, an all-in-one social media posting platform enables its users to share content across multiple platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google my Business.
- Content categories for a solid mix of content
- Recycle evergreen posts or expire time-sensitive content
- Canva integration inside SocialBee's editor
- Customize the posts for each platform
- Real-time preview of your upcoming posts
- Set up a posting schedule for all your profiles
- Use the URL shorteners to track your links
- Analyze the performance of your accounts
- Multiple workspaces and team collaboration features
Sign up and enjoy the 14-day free trial. The monthly paying plans are: Bootstrap - $19/month, Accelerate - $39/month, Pro - $79/month.
Vineet is a software engineer by qualification and an online marketer by profession. He likes studying Google search algorithms and helps businesses improve their online presence.