A while ago, we aggregated our favorite marketing blogs in 25 Marketing Blogs You Should Be Following. It was rather popular, getting over 1,000 shares. So we thought we’d do the same for Ecommerce Blogs, too.
Here we go:
1. A Better Lemonade Stand – Practical Ecommerce Advice
ABLS is run by Richard Lazazzera. Richard used to do content for Shopify, and one of his best performing series was when he tried to build an ecommerce brand from scratch (Finch Goods Co), and documented the entire process. He reported his revenue and the outcome of his marketing efforts, and the whole endeavor is just a great story worth following.
- #TheGreatBuild – First Month Revenue & Marketing Report
- How to Start a Clothing Line: Your Complete Guide to Design, Sampling, Production & Packaging
2. eCommerceFuel – Build a Store, Change Your Life
Run by Andrew Youderian and Laura Serrino, eCommerceFuel provides you with a lot of insight and easy to understand guides for getting started with ecommerce. They also notably run a private, vetted forum for store owners and ecommerce professionals.
3. Ecommerce Platforms – Reviews, News & Comparisons
Ecommerce Platforms has all of the content you’d expect from a quality ecommerce blog, but their crowning glory is without a doubt their comprehensive, side-by-side comparison of 10 ecommerce platforms across 9 variables. Epic.
- How to Choose the Best Ecommerce Platform for SEO
- 50 Out-Of-The-Box Ecommerce Marketing Tips to Skyrocket Sales
4. KISSmetrics – Analytics, Marketing & Testing
KISSmetrics runs a very analytics driven blog, and they have a pretty substantial ecommerce section well worth checking out.
- 5 Ecommerce Stats that Will Make You Change Your Entire Marketing Approach
- Attribution Modeling for Ecommerce: 5 Things All Sellers Need to Know
5. Drew Sanocki/Nerd Marketing – Growth Hacks For Ecommerce Executives
Drew Sanocki doesn’t post everyday, but when he does, it’s very thorough content that’s definitely worth your time. He interviewed over 30+ retail experts to ask them about the biggest opportunities in ecommerce right now, which we loved so much that we simply had to make an infographic out of it.
- Customer Problems: Find Your Starving Crowd
- How to Build an Online Retailer to $1M in 18 Months (“EZ Guide”)
6. Get Elastic – #1 Subscribed Ecommerce Blog
Managed by Linda Bustos, Get Elastic is a no-brainer: It’s an Ad Age Power 150 ranked blog, was named the #1 Ecommerce Blog by PostRank, and was named one of the 15 entrepreneur blogs worth reading by the Wall Street Journal.
7. Shopify – Ecommerce Marketing Blog
Shopify’s blog is quite a rallying point for ecommerce agents and professionals- there are often interesting discussions in the comments. Also, they have arguably the best Dropshipping guide in existence.
- How to Start an Online T-Shirt Business: The Ultimate Guide
- 7 Steps to Beautiful DIY Apparel Product Photography
8. Bigcommerce – Ecommerce, Marketing & Selling Online
As one of the larger ecommerce service providers around, Bigcommerce’s ecommerce blog is definitely worth reading. A nice mix of interesting case studies and inspirational posts.
(RELATED: Interested in setting up a referral program for your BigCommerce store? Check out the setup guide here.)
9. HubSpot – Inbound How-To & Etail Therapy
HubSpot are the masters of inbound marketing- they effectively coined and popularized the term. They have a lovely library of ecommerce-related information, and it’s quite a pleasure to navigate and read.
- 7 Creative Content Ideas You’ll Want to Steal for Your Ecommerce Website
- The Ecommerce Guide to Flash Sales (with Examples)
10. Volusion – Online Business & Ecommerce Blog
Volusion’s ecommerce blog, The Ecommerce Authority, includes webinars and even predictions of their own– Volusion predicts 9% online growth for small-to-medium businesses this coming holiday season.
- 9 Things You Need to Know Before You Sell on Amazon
- Taking Product Photos Using Your Smartphone… for under $5!
(Editor: Psst. We’ve partnered with Volusion for a unique offer if you run an online store – or want to. Click here to make your business work for you with Volusion + ReferralCandy.)
11. Groove – Creative Marketing, Design & Development
Groove offers professional marketing solutions for businesses who need that extra push. Their ecommerce blog features live chats with CEOs, as well as content that’s both entertaining (with relevant pop culture references) and informative.
12. Tidio Blog
Tidio’s blog is aknowledge hub for e-commerce businesses looking for practical solutions to generate new leads, communicate better with their customers and sell more. The content team explains seemingly complex technology such as chatbots in simple terms and shows you step-by-step how to use them to your advantage.
- The Best Innovative Chatbot Examples by Industry
- How to Use Proactive Live Chat for Customer Service
13. Internet Retailer – Industry Strategies for Online Merchants
InternetRetailer.com has a classy and highly-technical vibe to it. We especially love how they have an entire segment dedicated to “Charts + Data”. Cool, clinical and full of data.
- Amazon incents Prime members to select slower shipping
- Toolfetch.com’s mobile site is fast, light and rich
14. Practical Ecommerce – Insights for Online Merchants
Practical Ecommerce is one of the older players around, clocking in at a hefty 9 years, during which they must’ve hosted hundreds of webinars. The tone is straightforward, down-to-earth. An asset.
15. Bootstrapping Ecommerce – Bootstrap Your Ecommerce Business To Success
16. ReferralCandy – Get More Word-of-Mouth
ReferralCandy is, of course, our very own blog on ecommerce, marketing and word-of-mouth! We’ve been publishing since 2013, and have published hundreds of blog posts on how to market on ecommerce, how to get more word-of-mouth for your store and how to execute referral marketing flawlessly.
17. AcquireConvert – Shopify Marketing Strategies
AcquireConvert is the brainchild of Giles Thomas, an ecommerce growth consultant. He is also the founder of Whole Design Studios, a growth agency and is a Google Marketing Expert. His knowledge and insights on marketing will help you figure out the best marketing strategies and tactics you could be using for your store.
18. Inflow – Tested and proven strategies for your store
Inflow is the blog of the award-winning ecommerce marketing agency based in Denver. With years of experience running paid advertising, AdWords, SEO and inbound marketing, Inflow writes about what they’ve discovered over the years – and how you can apply that knowledge to your own store.
- 15 eCommerce SEO Tactics to Implement in Mid-2018 (Research-backed)
- These 9 eCommerce Examples Show What Top Sites Are Doing With Product Page Design
19. BoldCommerce – Take your eCommerce business to the next level
The BoldCommerce blog is the home of BoldCommerce, an agency that develops Shopify apps, as well as help businesses with basic online store setup, custom design and development solutions. Their posts are backed by real-world data and interviews with hundreds of online store owners.
- 16 best ecommerce podcasts of 2018 (and their best episodes)
- A step-by-step guide to Facebook Retargeting for eCommerce
20. SmartMarketer – Smart marketing tactics to grow your online store
The SmartMarketer blog is the brainchild of entrepreneur and internet marketer Ezra Firestone, an established ecommere marketer. Ezra produces tons of high-quality video posts that talks about everything from marketing to running an online business as an entrepreneur.
- My #1 Tip to Escape the Hustle & Accomplish Even More
- 2 Things I Learned at Grant Cardone’s 10X Live, Las Vegas
21. Prisync Blog – Pricing Strategies, Tips & Insights
The Prisync Blog has pricing tips and strategies you’d need from an E-commerce blog. They get these insights due to their pricing software and close partnerships in the industry. Their posts include case-studies, actionable strategies, and 101 posts that will help almost all online store owners.
- E-Commerce Pricing: Ultimate Strategies for Any Business
- Competitive Pricing: The Advantages & Disadvantages
22. E-Commerce Times – E-Business Means Business
Frequently updated by industry experts and professionals, E-Commerce Times give you all the latest insight and happenings in the world of technological giants, and how they’re progressing alongside their ecommerce journey. Very professional, corporate vibe.