In this article
Plugins can help your eCommerce site run smoothly. They improve the functionality on your website and can help your customers have a better experience when shopping on your eCommerce site. These are thirty of the best eCommerce plugins to help your website run more effectively and efficiently.
Best ECommerce Plugins
WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce plugin. It allows you to embed products on your page, take unlimited orders and sell affiliate products.
- Large selection of premium themes
- Free to download
- Extensions available
- Features include sales reports, control over shipping and tax charges
- Customer account area
- Order management
- Inventory management
Ninja Shop is a wordpress plugin that makes it easy to get your store up and running. Simply install, activate and choose your payment method and start adding products.
- Simple but extendable
- Easy customer management
- Available add-ons on ninjashop.site
- Customer management
- Customizable emails
3. MarketPress eCommerce
MarketPress ecommerce is a completely free online storefront for WordPress and Multisite.
Sell everything from digital downloads to physical goods in all shapes and sizes, offer product variations and instant downloads from one easy-to-use online marketplace.
- 15 payment gateways
- 120 currencies
- Internationalized by WPML
- Sell digital downloads
- One-page checkout
- Built-in Wizard
- Tax and VAT ready
- PDF Invoicing
- Calculated shipping modules (UPS, USPS, Fedex, in-store pickup)
- Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter share buttons
- Coupons, discounts and affiliate-ready
- Google Universal Analytics eCommerce tracking
- Unlimited product variations
- Coupons and sales pricing
- Stock tracking and alerts per variation
- Per order product limits
- AJAX cart and cart widget
- Link products to an external link
- Stock tracking and order alerts
- Hide out of stock products
- Display related products
- Visitor checkout
4. WP eCommerce
WP eCommerce is the original eCommerce plugin that was built for WordPress. They have unparalleled experience in the eCommerce space.
Tired of eCommerce solutions that don’t do things the WordPress way? WP eCommerce has all the features you want.
- Easily add products to your catalog
- Monitor sales and reporting
- Configure taxes and shipping
- Industry-leading payment gateways
- White-glove customer support
5. Cart66 Cloud
Cart66 is the WordPress shopping cart designed for people, not just developers. It is simple and easy to use. Cart66 was designed for people wanting an easy, secure way to start selling online.
- Simple to set up
- No confusing add-ons
- Everything in one system
Pricing: Free for the first 14 days. $49 per month after that.
Click here to go to Cart66 and get started.
6. Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is a complete eCommerce solution for WordPress. You can use it right away or tailor it to your business with add-on features.
- Shopping cart
- Data reporting
- Customer management
- Discount codes
- Add-on items
Pricing: Personal pass starting at $8.25 per month.
7. Booster for WooCommerce
Booster is like a multi-tool for any WooCommerce website. Booster comes with a list of additional features to accentuate the site which include managing emails and prices and currencies. Booster enables you to add an incredible amount of customization to your store. You can add labels, buttons, checkout fields and gateways.
- Displays differenct currencies and exchange rates
- Add multiple currencies to WooCommerce
- Set wholesale pricing depending on product quantity in cart
- Add to Cart Button labels - customize the text
- Call for Price - create any custom price label for all products with an empty price
- Add to Cart display buttons instead of drop box for products
- Bookings - Add bookings to WooCommerce
- Customize cross-sell products display
- Customize Product images and thumbnails
Pricing: Booster is free, but if you need some additional features, Booster Plus unlocks some additional functionality to give you more control over your website. Booster Plus is $39.99 per year.
8. Order Delivery Date
An important aspect of online sales is the shipping of the product. Knowing when to expect a product is a vital element of success. The Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce plugin helps in this process.
With Order Delivery Date, users are able to select when to ship a product to have it arrive on a specific date. This is great for people who don't want to sit around and wait or keep an eye on tracking codes.
- Manages the shipping dates for products.
- Improves customer service by delivering products by their shipping date.
- Ability to allow the customer to select Delivery date on the checkout page for the orders.
9. WooCommerce Products Slider
WooCommerce Products Slider will improve the visual appeal of your website. It is highly customizable and displays prices as well as the image. The free version has three themes that are ready to go, but you can select from 30 themes in the premium version.
- Increases the visual interest in your website
- Displays the images of the products
- Displays prices of the products
- Unlimited slider anywhere.
- Custom number of slider items to query.
- Custom number of Slider Column Number for Destop & Tablet & Small Desktop & Mobile.
Pricing: One year for $19.00 single license.
10. WooCommerce MultiLingual
Reach a wider customer base with the WooCommerce Multilingualplugin. One of the benefits to operating an online store is being able to reach a wider customer base. The WooCommerce Multilingual plugin keeps the native languate throughout the check out process while sending email to both cutomer and admin in their respective languages. This reduces the need to create separate sites or subdomains for specific currencies.
- Allows inventory tracking without breaking products into languages
- Enables running a single WooCommerce store with multiple currencies
- Translate all WooCommerce products (simple, variable, grouped, external)
- Easy translation management for products, categories and attributes
Relevanssi is an improved search engine that gives more relevant results to your visitors based on the parameters that you set. If someone searches for a product on your site and they use the default WordPress search bar, they're not likely going to pull up the product. It will bring up all the relevant results on your site rather than just the products.
- Improve user experience
- Help search for the relevant products on your site
- Limit search results to only eCommerce products
- If you want users to find your blog content, leave “post” checked off.
12. YITH Woocommerce Wishlist
A wishlist is a popular tool with online stores. It helps the customers bookmark some of the things that they were interested in purchasing and buy them at a later date. Wishlists can help generate long-term sales. The YITH WooCommerce Wishlist enables you to add the wishlist function to your site.
- "Add to wishlist" button to fit in with your site design
- Supports many languages for global websites
13. YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search
A good search feature is an important component of an eCommerce site. The YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search plugin will create a simple search box that displays instant search results by suggesting the products from your WooCommerce store that match the searching criteria.
The free version of this tool allows for autocomplete and customizable options. However, the paid version goes deeper by allowing extended searching by excerpts, categories or even product tags.
- Speed and accuracy with searches
- Customizable to your WooCommerce products
- Options for displaying of WooCommerce search results.
- Set minimum number of characters for WooCommerce search
- Set maximum number of WooCommerce results
The Redirection plugin allows you to redirect 404 pages to your existing pages. It automatically helps you manage all of your redirections and lets you identify when people are linking to an old post.
Have you ever moved a domain or changed your URL structure? It is now easy to redirect the old URL without messing up your files on your web server. If you aren't sure what 404s people are finding on your site, look in the logs and create a redirection right from the plugin. Top benefits:
- Customers don't leave due to seeing a 404 page.
- A 404 page can be a great place to collect your visitors’ email addresses.
- You can redirect customers to a product page and potentially make a sale.
15. Broken Link Checker
Broken links can lead people away from your website. The Broken Link Checker automatically detects broken links in your website and will notify you via email when they are detected.
- Notifications when broken links occur on your site
- Saves you from missing sales due to 404 pages and broken product page links
- Helps you maintain a good website
16. WP Performance Profiler
A slow website can discourage customers from finding products and making purchases on your site. The WP Performance Profiler monitors and detects the plugins that slow down your site.
Plugins will take your Wordpress site from an empty shell to a fully functional eCommerce store. However, some plugins will slow down your site considerably.
- Helps you identify plugins that are slowing down you website.
- Helps you maintain a good user experience for your site.
- You will be able to delete the plugins that slow down your website before they impact your sales.
Click here to install WP Performance Profiler.
Note: This plugin may require some help from your web developer to set up.
17. Beeketing for WooCommerce
Beeketing is a Software as a Service platform that provides 10+ marketing automation tools for WooCommerce stores. It is an all in one solution that includes upselling, cross-selling, personalized product recommendations, email marketing and stock countdowns.
- Pop up recent order notifications
- Sales countdown clock
- Coupon popup to encourage new sales
- Bundle and discount frequently purchased items
- Display best sellers, recently viewed, and recommendations
- Upsell more products at checkout to encourage repeat purchases
- Send cross-sell emails and new product emails to retain customers
- Follow up with personalized emails
Pricing: Most of the apps in Beeking plugin are free.
Proof can increase your sales by 10% in only ten minutes. Proof focuses on building social proof by letting your website visitors know about recent purchases that were made by others. It will also display the total number of visitors on any given page.
Social proof is very important in buyers decision making. It addressses many people's fear of missing out and proves to your customers that your products are worth buying.
- Live Visitor Count -Show the total number of people who have signed up or purchased recently on your site.
- Displays recent purchases
- Conversion Cards - Convert more visitors with a call to action triggered by notification click, time on page, scroll points or even exit intent.
- Increase visitor trust through social influence
Pricing: The Basic plan starts at $29 per month.
19. Reviewer Wordpress Plugin
The Reviewer Wordpress Plugin allows customers to review your product. It also allows them to upload images and allows for Google rich snippets. Most online shoppers rely heavily on other people's reviews when making a purchase online. If your customers are happy with their purchases, it is a good idea to allow them to write reviews for products on your site.
- Insert reviews into posts
- Insert comparison tables into your posts
- Users and visitors can leave their reviews in the template that you create for them
- Customizable themes
- Different rating modes: 5 Stars, Bars, Single Criteria
- Ability to collect visitor name, email
- Users can upload their images with reviews
- Admins can manage the user reviews completely
Click here to install Reviewer WordPress Plugin.
20. Testimonials Showcase
The Testimonial Showcase enables you to display the testimonials from your clients. This is great for building your social proof and credibility with your customers. Testimonials tend to build trust with your customers as well. As you gather feedback from your customers, why not display it on your website?
- Display Testimonials from your supporters or customers
- Display reviews of your product or service
- Link to case studies
- Grid or slider layouts
- Star rating system
- Front-end submission form available
21. Live Chat
A live chat feature helps you to connect with your customers and quickly answer their questions. The Sumo Live Chat plugin adds a live customer support feature at the bottom of your visitor's screen. Almost half of online customers indicate that having questions answered by a live person during an online purchase is one of the most important features that a website can offer. If you don't have a chat featre, you may be missing out on sales.
- Turn prospects into paying customers by quickly answering their questions.
- Help customers faster. Give immediate assistance before they leave your site.
- Grow your email list. When subscribers message you, you can collect their email address. It is automatically added to your subscribers list.
Chat app that you can activate right in your Sumo dashboard:
22. SUMO LIST BUILDER
Generating an email list can help improve repeat sales and traffic on your website. You can send out emails when you have promotions and new products on your website. The Sumo List Builder plugin can help you quickly grow your email list. One company, Hemper, a small eCommerce store used List Builder to convert 11.84% of their website traffic into email leads with this one popup. Sumo List builder can help you capture emails and generate those type of results.
- Collect email addresses
- Display discount codes
- Communicate with your customers via email
- Promote sales via email
Pricing: The most basic plan is free. As your business grows, you can upgrade. The Small Business package is $59 per month.
23. SEO BY Yoast
Generating search engine traffic is important to eCommerce sites. SEO by Yoast will optimize all SEO aspects of your website. Ranking on the first page of Google is essential for any eCommerce site. Many people don't look past the first page results, so it is vitally important that your website is featured on the first page. To do that, you must optimize your website for search engines.
- SEO by Yoast will grade your optimization based on the keyword you identify
- Shows you exactly how your product listings will show up on Google
- Gives you an easy-to-use checklist of things that need to be optimized
Pricing: SEO by Yoast is free, but some features are premium. The premium features are $89 per year.
24. GOOGLE XML SITEMAPS
The Google XML sitemaps plugin creates special sitemaps which can help search engines index your site and show up in the search results. Yoast has XML sitemaps built in, so if you have already installed Yoast, you don't need this plugin.
- Helps search engines find your website
- Notifies all major search engines each time you post content
- Faster indexing times
25. SUMO CONTENT ANALYTICS
Content Analytics by Sumo enables you to see where your visitors are clicking on your website. This helps you to know the optimal place to position your call to actions.
- Content Analytics - know where your visitors are leaving your page. This gives you the ability to tweak your page and increase conversions.
- Place call to actions above the average read rate. Content analytics tracks how far your readers get on the page.
Pricing: 14 day free trial. $79 per month after that.
26. SUMO TESTS
A/B testing helps you figure out which size, timing, colors and wording converts best on your website. Sumo A/B testing can help you with that. Want to figure out which color button collects the most emails? Test it! Need to discover if a discount or free PDF converts better? Test it!
- Allows you to A/B test any element within your welcome mat, scroll box, list builder and smart bar
- Enables you to A/B test your calls to action
- Set up takes only a few minutes
27. RENAME WP LOGIN
Rename wp-login.php is a plugin that enables you to easily and safely change wp-login.php to anything you want. It won't literally rename of change files in the core. It also does not add rewrite rules. It will simply intercept page requests. It works on any WordPress website.
- Allows you to customize your WP login URL to prevent malicious login attemps
- Helps you change the login name from wp-admin to something a bit more discreet
- Improves security of your website
28. WORDFENCE SECURITY
Wordfence Security is an endpoint firewall and a malware scanner. It was built from the ground up to protect WordPress sites. The Threat Defense Feed arms Wordfence with the latest firewall rules, malware signatures and malicious IP addresses needed to protect your website.
- Identifies and blocks malicious traffic
- Integrated malware scanner blocks request which include malcious code.
- Scanner checks core files, themes and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, code injections and malicious redirects
- Repair files that have changed by overwriting them with a pristine, original version. Delete files that don't belong.
- Checks for security vulnerabilities
- Spam filter
- Monitor visits and hack attempts
Pricing: Free version and premium upgrades. Premium upgrades are $99 per year.
29. WooCommerce PDF Packing Slips
Invoices and packing slips are important when you are shipping goods that sold on your eCommerce site. The WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips plugin is a great tool to streamline the process in the shipping department.
- Fully customizable template
- Automatically attach invoice PDF to WooCommerce emails of your choice
- Download the PDF invoice / packing slip from the order admin page
- Generate PDF invoices / packings slips in bulk
- Available in a variety of languages
- Generates sequential invoice numbers
- Users can access the invoice directly from their account profile
30. WooCommerce Direct Checkout
Time is important to most consumers. A quick checkout can make or break a sale for many people. Shoppers may want to buy an item and have it shipped without spending a long time setting up an account or selecting options. The WooCommerce Direct Checkout plugin simplifies the checkout process.
- Enabled / Disabled the direct checkout option
- Add “Continue Shopping” button to product page
- Change “Add to cart” to any text (Option to exclude external product)
- Update “Redirect to Page” option
- Implement add to cart button redirect to checkout page pattern
Pricing: Free version and a premium feature that is $29.
While your website may not need all thirty of these plugins, they are the most popular and best eCommerce plugins for your site. If you have an eCommerce site, you may want to select a few of them and discover how much better your site can perform with these plugins.