Let’s face it: not all of us enjoy shopping for clothes or make-up, no matter how much we want to look good.
Hence, some companies have decided to provide subscription boxes: carefully curated items to suit our specific needs and preferences. Be it for fashion, cosmetics, or food, subscription boxes are a great way for us to save time, effort and feel the same excitement we get when receiving presents.
If you are currently running a subscription box service, and are wondering what kind of referral rewards, refer a friend message, email templates, or referral rates you should give your customers, look no further.
Here are 10 (update: 16!) examples of subscription box referral programs to inspire you:
1. Skeleton Candles gives referred friends 10% off and advocates $2 per successful referral
2. GoodShave gives referred friends 10% off and advocates 1 free month of razors per successful referral
3. Sportsman’s Box gives referred friends $5 off and advocates $5 credit per successful referral
4. Socks by William gives 20% off to referred friends and $5 to advocates per successful referral
5. Uncramped gives referred friends 15% off all products, and advocates get 10% of their friends’ purchase
6. Mojobox gives referred friends a free week and advocates £5 in cash per successful referral
7. Julep rewards advocates with $15 credit, while their friends receive a Maven Box worth more than $40 upon joining.
Each Maven Box contains cosmetics and beauty products, making it a lovely welcome gift for new customers!
8. Violet Box gives advocates 500 violet points per referral, which is equivalent to a $5 discount.
Apart from just referrals, advocates can earn Violet points from every purchase and for completing product feedback surveys.
9. Birchbox rewards their advocates with 50 points, which equals to a $5 discount for future purchases.
Birchbox’s monthly boxes include beauty and cosmetic products for men and women. They even come with nifty gadgets and toys that any customer would love.
10. POPSUGAR advocates can receive up to 6 free boxes for referring 10 friends.
Every month, POPSUGAR subscribers will receive a selection of fashion, beauty, home, fitness, food and other products specially curated by POPSUGAR founder and editor-in-chief Lisa Sugar.
Not only do advocates stand to receive half a year’s worth of free boxes by referring 10 friends, they also get to call themselves POPSUGAR VIPs!
Bonus! 11. Love With Food gives advocates $5 credit for each referral, while their friends receive a 40% discount for their first snack box.
Love With Food stays true to their “Snack Smart, Do Good” slogan by donating a meal to a hungry child in the U.S. for every snack box sent out to their customers.
12. Try The World rewards advocates and friends each with a $15 discount.
Try The World send customers unique food boxes with food from a specific country every month.
13. Loot Crate gives advocates $7 credit for each successful referral, which means they can get a free crate for every 3 referrals.
Loot Crate contains some of the coolest comic and geek merchandise that’d make any fan squeal. Every month’s crate follows a specific theme – Villains, Heroes, etc., so customers will know what to look forward to.
14. Cairn rewards advocates with 100 points, so they can redeem a free month’s box or Cairn apparel after hitting 250 points.
Every monthly box from Cairn equips customers with all the stuff you need when hiking: camping gear, apparel, travel snacks, skincare products and emergency medical kits.
15. Flintobox gives advocates a free Flintobox for every 3 referrals, while each friend will receive a Rs 300 (approx. $5) discount.
Based in India, Flintobox provides kids the ages of 3 – 7 with new and exciting exploratory activities and games every month.
16. Bramble Box rewards advocates and friends with $10 credit for each successful referral.
Bramble Box caters to kids who love to role-play and dress up, giving them a chance to pretend they’re detectives, florists or scientists.
Every month presents a new surprise, so kids will never get bored!
If you liked our list here, then be sure to check out our mega-list of 47 referral programs!