eCommerce sales are are a bit different than making a purchase in person. The regular sales tactics don’t translate perfectly. For this reason, you want to have the right eCommerce growth hacking tools that will explode your online traffic and trigger sales on your website.
What constitutes growth hacking? Growth online is typically measured in terms of traffic and volume. Tools that will help you identify ways to get more traffic to your website will be worth your time and money to grow your audience and increase sales.
We’ve classified this into the different goals for growth hacking tools: generating traffic and social media; improving customer engagement and email marketing; search engine optimization tools and website conversion optimisation, as well as tools for statistics and testing.
30 Awesome Growth Hacking Tools to Boost your eCommerce Sales
(click to jump)
Colibri is one of the best tools to scale up your traffic. It helps you to get in front of your audience. Colibri increases the results of your SEO efforts and enhances your online visibility.
- Lets you know about conversations with your audience.
- Provides information about people searching your competitors
- SEO driven tool that allows you to make changes in your online marketing.
- Shows you where customers are engaging online, so you can insert yourself into relevant conversations.
Pricing: 14-day free trial, then plans starting at $95/month
Click to Tweet allows you to promote your business on twitter with a single click. This tool can be used in many ways. You can offer your audience to promote it on twitter in exchange for a gift or a free service.
- Promotes social media sharing.
- Tells you the exact number of times people have clicked on your tweet.
- Easy to integrate into a variety of online resources, such as email, landing pages and social media posts.
Pay with a Tweet is a tool that is also geared towards content and/or product promotion via social media. This growth hacking tool makes it possible to see certain content only after you have shared the website via social media.
- Encourages social media sharing
- Invite visitors to pay their posts via Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and Xing.
- Customizable to your own brand.
Pricing: 1 Free Campaign. Plans start at $49 per month.
Outbrain enables you to reach new audiences and get your brand discovered on networks such as CNN, TIME, Slate and Fast Company.
- Get your brand featured on CNN, ESPN and People and other top companies.
- Turn-key set up and optimization in the amplify dashboard.
- Outbrain dedicates a significant amount of human, capital and technology resources towards making sure everything we advertise is 100% safe and trustworthy.
- Outbrain is a platform that helps you advertise.
Pricing: The cost will depend on the campaign that you create.
A marketing tool that can help you drive conversions with every link that you share.
- Add your own call to action to every link you share.
- Encourages traffic to visit your website after they have read the news articles that you have shared. If the ad is related to the content you’ve shared, people will click and convert.
Pricing: Graduated pricing structure. Free up to 100 conversions a month. $16 for up to 500 conversions. $85 for up to 5000 conversions.
6. Hello Bar
Hello Bar is a lead generation tool. It enables you to design messages for your visitors.
- Display ads, install barcodes
- Displays text on your website
- Use the bar to promote offers or encourage social media sharing
- Increases engagement when visitors click on bar.
ReferralCandy is an aweseome tool that enables your customers to earn referral bonuses when they share your store with their friends. This makes spreading the word about your store simple and easy. Your customers are doing the legwork for you and in the end you get repeat sales.
- Easy to set up.
- Simple enough for your customers to share with their friends and family.
- Encourages repeat customers through rewards for referrals.
Growth Hacking Tools for Email and Engagement
Mailchimp is one of the popular email marketing services. They offer generous plans that cater to the needs of startup, but can also handle large volumes of emails for big enterprises.
- Customizable sign up forms
- Automate routine mailing tasks
- Segment subscribers
- Send targeted emails based on open/click history
Pricing: It is free to start with limited functionality. Plans start at $10 per month based on your number of subscribers.
Aweber is the most popular email marketing service providers. They have been around since 1998 helping businesses stay connected to their customers and manage their email marketing.
- Getting Started is easy
- Connects to most platforms, including wordpress.
- Ready to use email templates, list management, autoresponders and email tracking insights.
- Notify customers of newly launched products, promotional packages and upcoming events.
- Available for mobile and desktop users.
- Live chat support.
Pricing: 30 day free trial. Plans start at $19 per month.
10. Infusion Soft
Infusionsoft is the ultimate CRM sales and marketing software. It automates a majority of your marketing efforts. Infusionsoft enables you to automatically follow-up with your leads and pitch them about your products.
- Easily communicate with your leads
- Manages analytics
- Takes payments
- Integrates into your website
Pricing: There is a limited time 2 month free offer. After that plans start at $199 per month.
Vero is a great tool for growth hackers to familiarize themselves with their target audience. Vero works in real-time to make you familiar with your prospects and what they need from your business. With this application, you can dig deep into preferences of your prospects and tailor your strategy accordingly.
- Send personalized emails to your leads
- Use emails to upsell customers on additional products
Pricing: Plans start at $99 per month.
Customer.io helps you to automate your product and brand messages to your customers. With Customer.io, you can schedule messages and send them.
- Schedule messages and send them.
- Segment your customers for personalized messages
- Send triggered, automated emails on specific behavior of a client.
- Send messages across email, SMS and push notificiations
- Flexible usage plans you can cancel at any time.
Pricing: Plans starting at $150 per month.
Marketo offers a suite of tools that help businesses cover marketing automation, email and campaign management and analytics.
- Rapidly launch highly-targeted campaigns across your marketing channels to generate more revenue with less effort
- Build automated campaigns that will create and maintain long-term, personal relationships with consumers across channels.
- Simplifies marketing planning
Pricing: Pricing varies for Market’s four different products.
Gumroad helps small businesses and creators––including independent writers, designers, game developers, musicians, artists and anyone in between––sell their products online without having to set up a full-blown online store.
- Easily sell products with a wide range of file types, such as: HTML, iBook, PDF and MP4.
- Create covers for your product for a more professional look
- Connect Gumroad to social accounts to promote your work
Pricing: No hosting or setup fees for Gumroad. There is a 5% fee plus 25 cents per transaction.
Olark is a chat application that enables interaction between you and your site visitors. This tool makes it possible to ask your visitors if they have questions and discover what they are seeking. Olark also allows you to view the activities of your visitors as they navigate your website. You will discover what resources are most utilized.
- Targeted Chat enables interaction only with customers who go to a specific page or perform specific behaviors
- Integrates with all the major CRMs, including Salesforce, Zendesk, Desk.com and Highrise, so that you can keep track of correspondence with all of your customers
Growth Hacking Tools for Statistics and Testing
Qualaroo was created by Sean Ellis, who is often referred to as the brain behind growth hacking. Qualaroo gives you insights into your audience using the available statistics.
- Identify the browsing pattern of your niche audience
- Helps to identify the needs of your customers
Pricing: 14 day free trial. Plans start at $99/month.
Crazy egg helps you to analyze the behavior and the pattern of your visitors. You can learn about the number of clicks on a section and the engagement of a page. You no longer have to rely on multip A/B tests to get the analytics about your visitors.
- Discover your visistor’s click behavior.
- Fine tune your message and know you’ve implemented the best solution.
- Identify areas of your website that could use improvement.
Pricing: Free for the first month. Plans start at $29 per month after that.
BuzzSumo allows you to gain insight into what content will be the best for a particularl keyword. It helps you to spy on your competition.
- Find the best content for a keyword
- Learn strategies and techniques to make your content available to your target audience.
- Know what titles work best for social media marketingand blogging.
- Discover influencers in your industry who can promote your brand.
Pricing: Plans start at $79 per month.
Unbounce is an A/B testing toll that enables marketers to check the performance of their landing page with a simple drag and drop feature.
- Easy to use!
- No coding skills necessary to discover the results of your landing page.
- Test any landing page and then optimize it according to the browsing pattern of your visitors.
Pricing: Plans start at $79 per month.
VWO (Visual Website Optimizer) is an A/B testing and conversion optimization tool.
- Easy to use interface for A/B testing
- Multiple testing campaigns to select from
- “Idea factory” function helps to create better test ideas
- Geo targeting and behavioral targeting
Pricing: Starts with a 30 day free trial.
OptinMonster is an A/B tester to measure the success of your campaigns. The Eczema Company used this feature to boost its conversions by 158%.
- Duplicate a campaign in a single click
- Collects conversion analytics for all your campaigns.
- Quickly see which campaign is getting the most leads and make that the main campaign.
Pricing: All plans start with 7 day risk free trial. Basic plans start at $19/month.
Typeform is survey software used to design online surveys. This is a great way to get feedback from your customers.
- Simple, drag and drop features provide a lot of felxibility
- Easy to edit and arrange questions
- Free API to integrate with other applications.
Pricing: Typeform is free for the first 100 responses per month. The Pro package starts at $30 per month.
Creating and taking polls helps marketers discover what their customer base likes and needs. With the Polldaddy application, you can create polls and serveys to effectively collect customer feedback or conduct market research.
- Collect responses through your website or email
- Excellent reporting data
- Highly customizable
Pricing: Basic free plan. Paid features start at $200 per year.
Tools for Conversions and Sales Funnel Management
Zapier is a growth hacking tool that can ensure seamless transition of data between your web applications.
- Automate tasks and connect web applications
- Add more than 300 apps
- Free forever for core features
Pricing: 14 day free trial for premium features and apps.
Hub Spot integrates marketing with sales. They have many free plans and start up plans, so it is entrepreneur friendly. They are also releasing a lot of things free. Hubspot is one of the most powerful tools to engage with your audience with the assistance of inbound marketing.Hubspot entails integrating the various channels of marketing, such as blogs, social media, landing pages and emails in order to promote your business at different levels.
- Hubspot brings your entire funnel together.
- Manage blogging, social media and email all in one place.
- Access top-notch resources on inbound marketing
Price: Basic plans start at $200 per month. However, you can begin with a free trial.
Amplitude gives you deep customer knowledge by connecting all of your data to real people.
- Identify exactly who’s in each step of your funnel so that you can reach out to them in a more meaningful way
- Understand how customer behavior changes over time with cohorts
- Super easy setup process
Pricing: Free for bootstrappers
Totango empowers you to drive website traffic and have them experience your product in ways that influence conversion.
- Identify hot prospects by separating the real prospects from the “tire kickers”
- Gathers the information you need to make smart follow-up calls or emails
- Send the sales team daily emails that include the status of ongoing trials
Pricing: Free trial. Once the trial is over, pricing plans available on request.
Leadpages is a lead generation tool. It enables you to easily collect emails in exchange for giving away a free resource. Leadpages helps you design squeeze pages quickly with their templates.
- Quickly and easily create leadpages for use on your website or in marketing campaigns.
- Easily and effectively integrates with Aweber or Mailchimp.
- Send automated emails.
- Lots of templates for quick creation of new squeeze pages.
Pricing: The Standard package starts at $25 per month.
MixRank tracks your customers so you don’t miss an opportunity. It allows you to spy on on your competitors’ traffic sources and use that information for building your own campaigns.
- Scans millions of companies, websites and mobile apps to identify ones most likely to become customers.
- Monitors competition’s split tests to see which ad performs.
- Instantly delivers information on your competitors to your sales team.
- Helps you identify new opportunities with flexible data customization.
Pricing: Varies depending on need.
Fomo is an online platform that reveals recent customer intreactions on your website in real time. It only takes a few minutes to embed the widget and you can connect 100s of services through Zapier or their API.
- Highly customizable
- WYSIWYG theme builder and nearly 3 dozen configuration settings
- Live feed of settings recommendations to increase conversions
Pricing: The Essential Package starts at $39 per month
Want more? Check out more from our past articles on growth hacking: