Have you heard the good Word of Mouth Marketing can do?
Word of Mouth Marketing can be incredibly powerful for driving awareness and conversions for your business. But don’t just take our word for it:
- Global market research firm Nielsen found that 92% of consumers trust word-of-mouth recommendations from friends, far more than any other sources, including online opinions (70%) and editorials (58%).
- In a survey across five continental markets, Nielsen also found that most consumers (83%) not only trusted word of mouth and recommendations, but were equally likely to take action based on word of mouth.
- McKinsey identified word of mouth as the primary factor behind 20-50% of all purchasing decisions. Word of mouth was the leading factor across the stages of awareness, consideration and purchases in the customer journey.
Convinced yet? You should be – but just in case you need more proof, here are 20,700 mouthwatering words from ReferralCandy about Word of Mouth Marketing, covering everything from why Word of Mouth is so compelling, tactics for eCommerce and Retailers, and with a few infographics and SlideShares thrown in.
Psst — A word to the wise, we’ve got two awesome cheatsheets for Word-of-Mouth Marketing at the bottom. Scroll all the way!
A comprehensive guide to Word of Mouth Marketing from ReferralCandy
What is Word of Mouth Marketing?
Why Word of Mouth Marketing?
How do I use Word of Mouth Marketing for my Business?
Zappos bought shoes from a rival to serve a customer in 2009 and we’re still talking about it. Find out what the other 16 tactics were in this blog.
What are some examples of Word of Mouth Marketing done amazingly well?
Classic Examples: How Google, Apple and PayPal scaled rapidly with word-of-mouth marketing
- 6 Ways Google Generated Word-of-Mouth For Their Products
- 8 Examples Of How Apple Generates Word-Of-Mouth All Over The World
- PayPal’s $60m Referral Program: A Legendary Growth Hack
BONUS: The Contagious Toolkit for Getting on Everybody’s Lips with Word of Mouth
Set tongues wagging with this toolkit adapted from Jonah Berger, bestselling author of Contagious and world-renowned expert on word-of-mouth marketing, social influence and going viral.
This infographic-cheatsheet covers an individual’s motivations for sharing, the content and ways in which they shares, and how this pays off for them. Talk about smarts!
BONUS BONUS: Make marketing memorable with our sticky cheatsheet!
Made to Stick is a book we can’t put down – just because the ideas are so damn sticky. With this infographic-cheatsheet, you’ll know exactly how to craft marketing messages that will make like a zombie and go straight for your customer’s brains!
Something to say? Hungry for some more? Don’t keep your tongue behind your teeth; tell us what you think and ask for what else you want in the comments below!