So you have a WooCommerce store, and you’re looking to setup a referral program.
How do you get it done? You’ll need to do three things:
- Sign up for ReferralCandy,
- Install the ReferralCandy for WooCommerce plugin on your WordPress install (which already has the WooCommerce plugin up and running)
- Setup your rewards, emails, pages and widgets
- (Optional + Recommended) Promote your referral program via your marketing channels
In this blogpost, we’ll focus on the first two parts.
First, you’ll want to go through the ReferralCandy signup process:
1. Head on down to ReferralCandy.com and sign up for a free trial:
2. Once here, you’ll then have to fill out some details:
Once you’ve gotten to your ReferralCandy dashboard, you can switch over to your WooCommerce dashboard.
Installing the ‘ReferralCandy for WooCommerce’ plugin:
Assuming you’ve already got a WooCommerce store up and running, next you’ll want to add the ReferralCandy for WooCommerce plugin to your WordPress install.
3. Log into your WordPress dashboard, click on the Plugin tab, and click Add New:
4. Once there, search for ReferralCandy:
Which will serve up this search result.
5. Hit “Install Now”, and then Activate.
Once you’ve installed and activated, you’ll be brought to the Integration page in the settings tab of your WooCommerce section.
6. At this point, if you’re still logged into your ReferralCandy account from earlier, you can simply click the link and it’ll take you to the ReferralCandy Integration page:
7. Copy the App ID and Secret Key from your ReferralCandy dashboard and paste them in the respective fields in your WooCommerce Integration page on your WordPress dashboard.
And you’re done with the integration!
[Note: ReferralCandy’s system will need to detect a purchase at your store before it can confirm that integration is successful.]
And with that, you’ve hooked up ReferralCandy to your WooCommerce store! 🎉
From here on, there’s still more that you’ll want to do. Beyond this, you’ll want to actually set the referral conditions, the rewards themselves, the Emails & Pages, and referral widgets on your store itself.
You’ll also want to promote your referral program through your various marketing channels, so that you get more reach.
Here are some relevant reads to help you along:
- How To Setup Your Referral Program’s Incentives
- How To Write Great Emails Asking For Referrals
- How To Promote Your Referral Program
May it rain referrals on your store! 🤓