SOPA: What you can do about it

December 30, 2011 by Dinesh Raju in General Good Stuff

SOPA. You might not have heard of it yet, but it’s a clear and present danger to the Internet that we love and have built our businesses on.

If you’re not sure what all the fuss is about, check out this video [via BoingBoing]

To show our support for the anti-SOPA movement, we’ve moved all our domains off GoDaddy, who helped to draft SOPA. (If you were wondering, we’ve decided to switch to the quite excellent

But that’s not all. We also want to show our support for the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s (EFF) efforts against SOPA. They’ve done tremendous work in bringing this issue to light and we’d like to help out. So till January 24th, if you sign up for a ReferralCandy account using the link below, we’ll donate 60% of your first month’s bill to the EFF. You’ll also get store credit for the remaining 40% for showing your support.

To take part, simply sign up using this link:

Some other companies involved in the cause are Zopim and UserVoice. You should go check them out.

If you’d like to get even more involved, it’s not too late. Here are some other things you can do:

It’s time to act. Protect the ideals that the Internet was founded on and urge everyone you know to do the same.

Learn the art and science of customer acquisition

Get our best material on shopper psychology, converting prospects and marketing tactics! Weekly updates, unsubscribe anytime.

The following two tabs change content below.

Dinesh Raju

Dinesh is CEO and co-founder of ReferralCandy. During his time in Carnegie Mellon, he sweet-talked robots into playing soccer. He can occasionally be found taming the office Wifi network and exploring new frontiers on Spotify.