To boost your customer acquisition efforts, you need to be knowledgeable on various topics, such as SEO, content marketing, email marketing, website UX and web analytics.
We searched the messy and crowded land of the Internet, and put together a list of awesome customer acquisition content for you:
SEO allows your site to be more visible to potential customers by ranking higher in search engines (e.g. first page of search results).
These guides will provide you with the data you need to understand what your customers are searching for, and how credible you are in the eyes of Google and other search engines:
- Moz – The Beginner’s Guide to SEO
- Search Engine Land’s Guide To SEO
- Google – Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide
- Moz – How to Rank: 25 Step SEO Master Blueprint
- Quick Sprout – The Advanced Guide to SEO
- Marketing Pilgrim – 7-Minute SEO Guide
- Yoast – The Definitive Guide To Higher Rankings For WordPress Sites
Content marketing involves producing content that is relevant and helpful to customers.
The idea is to attract new customers and retain old ones by providing them with relevant content that they’ll love.
Read these articles for useful tips on how to create better and more appealing content for your customers!
- KISSmetrics – The Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing
- Content Marketing Institute – Creating Content
- Content Marketing Institute – Developing Your Content Marketing Strategy: What You Need to Know
- Gregory Ciotti – A Not-So-Brief Guide to Better Content Marketing
- Quick Sprout – The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing
- HubSpot – A Practical Guide to Building a Killer Content Strategy
- ReferralCandy – 24 Juicy Tips for Ecommerce Content Marketing from Inbound Marketing Pros [Infographic]
When you send hundreds or thousands of emails to customers, be it an invite, brochure, or newsletter, you want to know that they’re gaining the traction that you desire. No point putting in effort if you can’t measure its effectiveness!
These articles, written by providers of the best email marketing tools around, will guide you in formulating your own email marketing strategy, so that you know exactly what you’re doing:
- MailChimp – Email Marketing Field Guide
- KISSmetrics – A Beginner’s Guide to Successful Email Marketing
- Vero – The Ultimate Guide To Successful Email Marketing
- AWeber – Email Marketing Guides
- Copyblogger – Email Marketing: How to Push Send and Grow Your Business
- Campaign Monitor – Handy email marketing field guides
- VerticalResponse – Email Marketing Guides
Every social media platform works differently, and serves a different purpose. Your business might be suitable for some platforms and not others.
These articles will help you understand which social media platforms you should be focusing on, and how to utilize them effectively:
- Moz – The Beginner’s Guide to Social Media
- Social Media Examiner – Getting Started With Social Media: A Resource Guide
- Mashable – The Beginner’s Guide to Social Media
- Brand Networks – The 2014 Social Media Marketing Guide
- Quick Sprout – How to Build a Social Media Marketing Funnel
- Quick Sprout – The Complete Guide to Building Your Blog Audience Chapter 5: Social Media
We all engage in online and offline referral marketing when we share interesting or horrible things with our social networks. As a retailer, it’s tedious to manage your own referral program.
Explore the following articles to gain an understanding on how referral marketing works, and what are the options when it comes to creating your very own referral campaign:
- ReferralCandy – Why Referral Marketing is Awesome [Infographic]
- WOMMA – The Ultimate Guide To Referral Marketing Programs
- ReferralCandy – An Epic List Of 47 Referral Programs
- Chris Moritz – How To Be A Referral Magnet
Getting traffic is the first step. The challenge now is converting these visitors into actual paying customers. The tools to improve your CRO are incredibly powerful, but might also be complicated.
The following articles will help you figure out what metrics you should be looking out for, and how to improve your site’s conversion:
- Qualaroo – The Beginner’s Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization
- Moz – The Definitive How-To Guide For Conversion Rate Optimization
- Simply Business – The Small Business Guide to Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Conversion Rate Experts – Split-testing 101: A Quick-start Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization
- Quick Sprout – The Definitive Guide to Conversion Optimization
- Smart Insights – The Perfect Landing Page. Landing page examples and 12 tips
- ReferralCandy – 10 Simple Ecommerce Conversion Rate Improvements to Make Right Now
Tracking all the data from your business can be complex, difficult and overwhelming.
These articles provide helpful tips on how to utilize Google Analytics and other tools effectively, so you can make sense of the data:
- KISSmetrics – 50+ Google Analytics Resources – The 2014 Edition
- KISSmetrics – Customer Analytics Moz – Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Using Google Analytics with Site Search
- Fast Company – The Ultimate Guide to Google Analytics
- CopyPress – 8 Metrics to Consider When Interpreting Data from Analytics
- Search Engine People – How to Better Interpret Google Analytics Data
We hope these articles will help you in your journey towards customer acquisition mastery. If we’ve missed out any useful articles, do highlight them in the comments below.
When you’re ready to implement customer acquisition tools in your business, do check out our article on 20 of the most popular customer acquisition tools to power up your business.