Shopify’s blog is always a great source of useful, actionable content. When we discovered Mark Macdonald’s “10 Ways Ecommerce Brands Can Increase Traffic And Sales With Facebook“, we simply had to give it our signature visual treatment. Enjoy!
10 Ways Ecommerce Brands Can Increase Traffic And Sales With Facebook
1. USE IMAGES
IMAGES PERFORM BETTER ON FB THAN ANY OTHER KIND OF POST
- Images with context perform EVEN better. Make your images self explainatory or add a text overlay
- Posts with images get 39% more engagement
2. SELL THE LIFESTYLE AROUND YOUR PRODUCT
CUSTOMERS ARE LIKELIER TO BUY IF THEY CAN IMAGINE LIFE WITH YOUR PRODUCT
Create vivid imagery for your customers:
- Setting: Will they use it at home? With friends?
- Visual Style: Sophisticadet? Soft?
- Related Products: What’s the toothbrush to your toothpaste?
3. CREATE THEMED PRODUCT COLLAGES
COLLAGES ARE MORE INTERESTING THAN PLAIN OLD PRODUCT SHOTS
- They trigger associations in the viewer’s mind.
- We don’t use products in isolated contexts, so why should we look at them as such?
4. RUN GIVEAWAYS
EVERYONE LOVES DISCOUNTS
- 42% of customers like a brand on Facebook to receive coupons and discounts
HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS HELP THEIR FRIENDS
- People love recommendations from friends, sweeten the deal with some coupons.
- Consumers rely on word of mouth 2-10x more than paid advertisements.
5. OFFER TIME SENSITIVE DISCOUNTS
TIME – SENSITIVE DISCOUNTS INDUCE URGENCY
- Discounts can be worth the cost because they bring in new customers
- By including minimum purchase limits, you boost sales without bleeding dry
- 60% of women have made an impulse buy in the last year
6. OFFER GIFT CARDS
CHANNEL THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT
- The National Retail Federation found 81% of Americans purchased gift cards during the holidays.
- They also that 70% of customers spent more than the cards value.
7. RUN CONTESTS
CONTESTS EXCITE YOUR CUSTOMERS
- Encourage sharing to attract more customers
- 35% of Facebook users like a page so they can participate in contests
8. ASK QUESTIONS
GET YOUR CUSTOMERS TALKING
- Customers want to be heard. Asking questions in your posts give them permission to share
- Posts with questions get 2x more comments
9. OFFER FREE SHIPPING
SNAG BOATLOADS OF NEW CUSTOMERS
- 20% of consumers say free shipping is the MOST important factor when shopping online
- 52% of shopping carts were abandoned due to a lack of free shipping
10. USE A CUSTOM FACEBOOK STORE APP
USE APPS TO COMPLEMENT YOUR CUSTOMERS’ EXPERIENCE
- Introduce your products to your customers ASAP.
- There are many options for Facebook store apps that work with most ecommerce platforms.
Embed this infographic using this tag:
<a href="http://blog.referralcandy.com/2014/08/25/The-3-Ways-Of-Acquiring-Customers-At-Scale-Infographic/"><img src="https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/cdn.referralcandy.com/images/10-ways-ecommerce-brands-can-increase-traffic-and-sales-with-facebook.png" alt="The 3 Ways Of Acquiring Customers At Scale [Infographic]" title="The 3 Ways Of Acquiring Customers At Scale [Infographic]" width="590" /></a><br /><a href="http://www.referralcandy.com">ReferralCandy - Refer-a-friend Programs for Ecommerce Stores</a>
Incentivizing word-of-mouth is one of the best ways to scale your customer acquisition efforts. Visit ReferralCandy.com to learn how you can do that simply and effectively!